Jambands.ca

Took the 4:20 bus and...

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

...spent the week-end in Amsterdam.

The irony of literally being on the 4:20 bus to get to the airport and catch my flight was not lost on me.

Some pictures:

canal1be.jpg

canal28in.jpg

lost0iq.jpg

andreabridge2tp.jpg

Guest Low Roller

It was about 5 degrees and very humid, so it was far from pleasant. The overcast weather really put a damper on things as well.

Definitely a far cry from the -30 degree Ottawa winters, but from what I hear it's a real mild one in Canada this year.

Guest Low Roller

Haarlem is a cool spot. Been there many years ago... something about a blonde girl...

The ferry will be slow and costly. Just fly with Easyjet. They offer relatively inexpensive flights, and only 40 minutes from Gatwick to Schiphol.

Haarlem is a cool spot. Been there many years ago... something about a blonde girl...

I forgot all about that. But I do remember turning in a spectacular wing-man performance, drunk on Heinekens and carrying the conversation in two languages at once. ;)

Guest Low Roller

Nope. No shots of any coffeeshops or the Red Light District. Nothing really caught my eye.

I do however regret not taking a picture of the Blues Brothers coffeeshop for Booche.

Nice, the blues brothers cafe was the first one my buddy and I hit upon getting to amsterdam for our first time.

I love that town, been there twice and really want to go back.

I still have a lighter from the bulldog that has Amsterdam, Netherlands - British Columbia, Canada or something on those lines on the back (I think there was or maybe still is a bulldog out west???).

One word of advice though, the bulldog, being the most famous cafe, is quite the tourist trap with some of the highest prices I found for shit (at least when I was there). Meet up with some locals and tour, they'll show you the best spots.

Great memories while at work, thanks.