Jambands.ca

Arrested Development reminder

dave-O

[color:red]WARNING THIS IS ALL SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Dave-O (really...THANK YOU DAVE-O!), I got to see the last 2 hours of Arrested Development's life on Fox.

I did not see this news anywhere, and I sure as hell didn't have much internet access during this week while I was at Learning Tree (cool course btw).

I dont' know if it was the 4 episode marathon, or if they LOADED the episodes with their brand of humour, but I was going NUTZ with all of the off-beat references to Arrested Development's own history, censorship, family ties while also finding time to delicately trash Fox (I thought they did this when they bleeped out a reference to a show on another network, but also later mentioned CBS when Tobias was doing that hilarious audition in front of the DA). I also realized that the kid playing George-Michael is a comic genious. I wonder if I've posted that thought before, because he blows me away with his ability to play such a cluster-fuck.

Did anyone notice the "Sha la la la" reference to the family ties theme song ending when a scene with Michael Bluth and Nellie (justine bateman) finished?

a few of my favorite highlights (too many for me to remember!)

-The Bluth Yacht was called the C-word.

-George-Michaels ex-girlfriend was snapped up by

-Tobias setup a date with a guy named Michael, thinking it was a bodybuilder GIRL named Michael, but was in fact a guy named Michael.

-Buster got excited with an electric knife and sliced off his fingers.

please continue if you watched it.

SPOILERS ABOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also realized that the kid playing George-Michael is a comic genious.

Good ole Canadian boy.

I love that character.

You know what freaked me out the most tonight?

"But he did invite Mickey Rourke"

I couldnt help but think that Judge Reinhold had plastic surgery on his mouth/chin/cheeks ala Mickey Rourke the entire time I saw him. As soon as that line was delivered I knew something was up.

Maybe it was make-up, maybe they aged the same way, maybe Judge had plastic surgery. I just dont know but hot-damn if I didnt think of Mickey Rourke from the moment I saw Judge.

Tobias setup a date with a guy named Michael, thinking it was a bodybuilder GIRL named Michael, but was in fact a guy named Michael.

Dont forget that Lindsey set up a date with him as well. At the same time/location. Both she and Tobias said the exact same things to one another as they worked their way through the 'situation'.

This all culminated with 'the holy trinity'

brilliant

I didnt get to pay as much attention as I wanted to this evening yet was still floored by the attention to detail. As soon as we get to watch this again it will be a new evening of insane laughter.

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot about the Showcase/Showtime vs TMN/HBO connections.

I'm thinking Showcase will be adding a HD channel soon, and I will find that out for you as soon as Sunday. I'm having a couple of Showcase employee/friends/weasels over for my Oscar party. MoviePix added a HD channel and I love it. I watched Hud in 5.1 widescreen and I recorded In The Heat Of The Night and will watch it tomorrow.

Edited by Guest