Jambands.ca

YouSendIt is out of control.

Hartamophone

So I swear I just saw someone on PT offering up his "YSI list" for trade (Link).

I think this is getting a little ridiculous. BitTorrent is one thing, but at least you have to look around a little bit, and are still getting a decent pull of the show. It's a little much, though, when within hours of a show you get all sorts of people asking for the YSI, and if it's not offered up by someone right away they get all pissed off. Getting tapes of shows has never been about instant gratification, and this culture of entitlement that is starting to surround electronic dissemination of shows is really getting annoying.

I know most of this has been said before, although my gripe isn't with the technology, but the attitudes that accompany it. And I haven't even been around long enough to be a jaded vet!

End rant.

Easy, maybe, but not nearly as informative. With YSI, you don't get source info, you don't get to see the whole set at once, you don't get hyperlinks to other shows by the band, there's no place for reviews, etc. You also don't get a choice of formats (OGG vs. VBR MP3 vs. 64k MP3 vs. FLAC/SHN).

Aloha,

Brad