Jambands.ca

MICHAEL FRANTI & I KNOW I'M NOT ALONE CANADIAN SCREENINGS

Jay Funk Dawg

[blurb]Ik_franit_playing_streetkid.jpg

Armed with only a guitar, singer/songwriter/activist Michael Franti prepares to educate Canadians with the screening tour of his new film "I Know I'm Not Alone" followed by a solo acoustic performance. Hitting major markets across Canada next month, Michael's film tells the story of those who are affected most by war on Terror. The film is a visual and musical tribute to the resilience of the human spirit.[/blurb]

March 16 @ The Bronson Centre Ottawa, ON Doors at 7pm, Show at 8pm

March 17 @ Theatre Outremont Montreal, QC Doors at 7pm, Show at 8pm

March 18 @ Dalhousie University Halifax, NS Doors at 7pm, Show at 8pm

March 19 @ St. Francis Xavier University, Antigonish, NS Doors at 7pm, Show at 8pm

March 29 @ University of Alberta Edmonton, AB Doors at 7pm, Show at 8pm

March 30 @ Uptown Theatre & Michael Franti Solo Performance Calgary, AB Doors at 7pm, Show at 8pm

April 1 @ McPherson Theatre Victoria, BC Doors at 7pm, Show at 8pm

April 2 @ Commodore Ballroom Vancouver, BC Doors at 7pm, Show at 8pm

find out more... www.spearheadvibrations.com

Can anyone who was at the Toronto show a few months back shed some light on the timing of this event? I have a prior commitment (alright, it's a class that I really can't miss) until 8:30, but if that still gives me time to see a chunk of the film and then his entire solo performance, I might make a mad dash from Carleton as soon as my class is done. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Can anyone who was at the Toronto show a few months back shed some light on the timing of this event? I have a prior commitment (alright, it's a class that I really can't miss) until 8:30, but if that still gives me time to see a chunk of the film and then his entire solo performance, I might make a mad dash from Carleton as soon as my class is done. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The IMDB entry for it says the movie's 95 minutes long, and the Ottawa screening's supposed to start at 8:00pm.

Aloha,

Brad

cool!

do I need elf-ears, or will my own do?

Your own will do fine. I've scheduled a fitting for your costume for next week. :o

One other thought popped into my head: given that Franti has, when playing Ottawa, often gone and done a surprise after-show at Babylon (as he did after Big Summer Classic last year, for example), do people think he'll go there this time out? March 16 is a Thursday, which means Soul Jazz Orchestra and DJ D-Mass will be doing their regular funk night. Adding Franti into that mix could be interesting.

Aloha,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now thinking I won't be going to this. I'm not a huge fan of Franti's music, and have no burning urge to see the movie; along with the cold that I'm starting to get, a night in at home (in prep for Friday at Mavericks) might be best for me.

Aloha,

Brad