Jambands.ca

Fat Cats, What the Thunder Said Starlight this Saturday Mar 4

Deeps

I posted some info about this show in another thread, but here it is again for people that may have missed it earlier:

Fat Cats are playing this upcoming Saturday March 4th at the Starlight in Waterloo. The Starlight is a really nice club, and this show is a fundraiser for a very worthy cause … the proceeds are going to the The Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario (POGO), which is and organization that was founded in 1983 by a group of pediatric oncologists to champion childhood cancer care and control. The organization’s web site is at www.pogo.ca

The doors open at 9 p.m., advance tickets are $10, What The Thunder Said opens, and there will be a raffle for one of Jimi’s djembe drums.

I was speaking with Todd Gillies from Fat Cats about this show, and he is really hoping to get a bunch of people out for this. This show is a class project for one of the classes he is taking at WLU, and his partner in the class has had some pretty heavy experiences with her daughter and cancer over the past year.

When I last talked with Todd, he wasn't sure whether Mark Crissinger would also be at the show. If I hear any more about that or about the show I'll post it. Or maybe edger can confirm whether or not Mark C. will be playing.

In any event, it is going to be a fun night in support of a very worthy cause.

Peace, Mark

Todd just confirmed with Mark (caution jam) last night that he will not be playing this particular show. Unfortunately he had some family obligations I believe. However, I suspect that they will be collaborating in some sort of jammy fashion in the future!

Hey..when did you join this board? This is a pleasent surprise. I'm hoping to make it this weekend for this one, but if not I'll see ya on the 17th in Hamilton.

Greg

Was Deeps in Cavern?

I aint seen whoring like this from a band member in a long time. Dude, you are making me NOT want to see youse.

I'll read that as.....

"Hey Deeps,

This show sounds like a good way for your band to get into probably the best room witihin 45 minutes from your house. You haven't played there yet have you Deeps? It's also a good cause and considering you're good friends with the Fat Cats it will probably be a lot of fun for you to help out.

In sincerity,

Booche

"

That or I'll just feel like a dirty little whore.

Dude?

Hey Greg. Yeah I joined this board fairly recently. I figured it was high time after being a passive viewer for so long. It's nice to be more 'formally?' integrated into this on-line community. That would be awesome if you make it out this weekend. It would be nice to party with you outside of the good ol' hammer. However, if you're unable to make it, we'll just have to make up for it at st. patties w/ the fatties... and of course the 'infamous' Doug Feaver.

By the way, how do you quote what someone else has said in blue (like you did with my message in your message). Obviously technology is a huge strength of mine...

And over a thousand dollars raised for POGO!! (And that's not counting the proceeds from the raffle for Jimmi's generous donation of one of his drums).

Todd extends his gratitude to all who were able to make it out to this event. Deeps, you guys sounded great, and I hope that we see you guys on the Starlight stage again!

Cheers!