Jambands.ca

NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Jaimoe

So...does anyone have any other ideas what they are going to do in the off season then...If you can figure out a way they can keep Chara/Redden/Alfie/Heatley/Spezza/Havlat next year...I'd like to hear it.

Lets win the cup first and see what happens. As far as Chara and Redden are concerned... I expect to see Chara back no doubt. He blossomed in Ottawa, and is very fond of the team. Redden could be gone, but has played in Ottawa his whole career. The have 3 million in Cap room, so it's possible that both player will take a modest raise of equivilant value... perhaps even leaving a little bit of room, for the team, to sign someone else.

Havlat... as we have learned... Ottawa can play competativley without. I'd love to keep him, but he could be moved to get rid of some cap space. Same for Smolinski.

What kind of team is Ottawa... a team game team, and a great drafting team. With the play of Kelly, Eaves, and Mezsaros... it appears that the trend is continuing... though it would be nice to maintain all those players, I imagine Ottawa will always manage to field(ice) a competative/dynamic, and powerful hockey team.

Just look at Marion Hossa... still a great player, but only a fraction of what he was in Ottawa... players play better in Ottawa, because it's that kind of environment. That's the best thing you can say about the team.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like to talk out my ass!!!!

Understatement of the year.

Thank you...that's all I wanted...

translation?

"I need someone to tell me what to think"

After the bump, the Sens will be about 4.5 -5 million under the cap. Both Chara and Redden make 3.7 per season (roughly), BUT, it gets interesting because Hasek is only making 1.5 million.

Figure on adding a number1 starter and signing one of those D is the bet here.

I still cant believe I read that Luongo-Jokinen crap. OC Transpo bus drivers obviously huff too much gas.

just fire up NHL 06 and play a game with Chicago...

Its funny you say that. I was going to 'mockingly' tell Rubber-GotMyHeadUpMyArse-Dinghy to pick up the latest EA NHL and do some scouting so we dont have to read his ridiculous assessments.

At this rate, I am going to have to tell me and Dingleberry to get a room................

I tried to get NHL 2006, but can't find a downloadable working copy...

Anyways...you see booche...adding Luongo would have been the best bet...even if it was a far shot...and that goes back to my Lalime-Rhodes comment...I don't want to get stuck like that again...Morrison and Emery...can't play with two back-ups...I was hoping we'd pick up Huet...I love that guy! Hasek will want more money if he sticks around...that's for sure.

Wow.

You still dont get it, do you?

I am done with this. Lets get a room at Dunn's and never speak of hockey again. I fear you might become my first victim.

"Among the hot perogies, mozza balls, and chicken stir-fry on its mega-menu, Dunn's deli also serves up super-sized bagels and cheesecake, thick burgers, saucy pasta, steaming fish & chips, mega-sandwiches, various deli platters, sizzlin' steaks, fresh seafood, thick shakes, cold beers and wine and several scrumptious desserts."

Havlat... as we have learned... Ottawa can play competativley without. I'd love to keep him, but he could be moved to get rid of some cap space. Same for Smolinski.

Didn't Ottawa's slide into mediocrity start when Havlat was injured? I hope they keep him.

Havlat... as we have learned... Ottawa can play competativley without. I'd love to keep him' date=' but he could be moved to get rid of some cap space. Same for Smolinski.[/quote']

Didn't Ottawa's slide into mediocrity start when Havlat was injured? I hope they keep him.

Depends... if you could have replaced his salary with someone else who wasn't injured... it could of addressed that need. Also our rookies are going to be a year older, if/when Havlat leaves. I'm not saying Ottawa's going to maintain a Oilersesque dynasty, but they have a great system in place so that they can keep putting a good new team on the ice each year. A big part of their success comes from having so many players having only played in Ottawa in their careers... other teams don't have much 'inside' infromation on these players, which seems to give us a competative edge. The parallels between Ottawa and Nashville are many.

I'm not saying Ottawa's going to maintain a Oilersesque dynasty, but they have a great system in place so that they can keep putting a good new team on the ice each year. A big part of their success comes from having so many players having only played in Ottawa in their careers... other teams don't have much 'inside' infromation on these players, which seems to give us a competative edge. The parallels between Ottawa and Nashville are many.

Sens maintain an Oilersesque dynasty? sens fans seem to be as stupid as leafs fans these days.. what are the sens maintaining? going out in the first couple of rounds to Taranta? if thats a dynasty then the winnipeg jets were a dynasty for never getting past the first round.

fuckin sens fans, they are really just leafs fans in disguise you know.

Finally, somebody with some sense. I have been enjoying reading this, it is quite funny. Comparing the Sens to the Oilers. Good one. Trading Redden-Vermette/Eaves-Emery for Jokinen-Luongo. Sounds like a great deal!!! Ottawa has a great team, but your pickups were subpar at best. I guess Hasek is coming back because your two goalies are not going to get it done. Who has Emery really beaten? Although, I do like him. And yes, the Leafs suck, but at least we know where we stand this year. Go Hurricanes!!!

Also, the salary cap is going to tear apart your team. Although, I don't think it is right to draft great players and then lose them when they start to mature. You are not going to be able to keep those two great d-men, Havlat, Spezza, and anybody else who is up for a new contract. But don't worry, they will look great in the blue and white. Go Leafs Go!!!

I'm not saying Ottawa's going to maintain a Oilersesque dynasty' date=' but they have a great system in place so that they can keep putting a good new team on the ice each year. A big part of their success comes from having so many players having only played in Ottawa in their careers... other teams don't have much 'inside' infromation on these players, which seems to give us a competative edge. The parallels between Ottawa and Nashville are many.[/quote']

Sens maintain an Oilersesque dynasty? sens fans seem to be as stupid as leafs fans these days.. what are the sens maintaining? going out in the first couple of rounds to Taranta? if thats a dynasty then the winnipeg jets were a dynasty for never getting past the first round.

fuckin sens fans, they are really just leafs fans in disguise you know.

You're an idiot, as well as your illiterate friend. Sounds like we have a couple of Leaves fans in here... nice pickup... Richardson :P

Edited by Guest

fuckin sens fans' date=' they are really just leafs fans in disguise you know. [/quote']

OOOOOOOOOO Them are fighting words!!!

Thank God I'm a Habs fan :)

Leafs Suck!!!

Sens are OK!!!

yeah, I didn't say that badams...

Yah I know, I removed the quotes from the wrong section. Too lazy to go back and change it. Everyone should get the idea however.

You're an idiot, as well as your illiterate friend. Sounds like we have a couple of Leaves fans in here... nice pickup... Richardson :P

Why am I an idiot? for pointing out your post is just bullshit heaped atop of more bullshit aboout the sens..

yep richardson is a shit pick up but who gives a fcuk about the leafs?

Why am I an idiot? for pointing out your post is just bullshit heaped atop of more bullshit aboout the sens..

yep richardson is a shit pick up but who gives a fcuk about the leafs?

Beacuse I said "I'm NOT saying they are an oilersesque dynasty". And I'm AM a sens fan. Then you said "Sens fans are just as stupid as Leafs fans for the Oilerseque dynsasty comparison"... which I said I'M NOT SAYING...you said Leafs fans are stupid, I just assumed you were admitting you were a Leafs fan.

And about the bullshit comment... what have you really added to the discussion except some inflamitory points... if you wanna call bullshit, get off your lazy ass, use some quotes, and point it out. Jerk.

acutally my man you said this..

"I'm not saying Ottawa's going to maintain a Oilersesque dynasty" - smoothshredder

this is a tad different than the statement you pretend to have posted.

Beacuse I said "I'm NOT saying they are an oilersesque dynasty". - smoothshredder

Can you spot the difference? and i didnt even have to get off my ass to find the quotes.. GO ME