Jambands.ca

NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Jaimoe

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RubberDinghy does not know a thing about hockey, for those of you that are interested.

whaddya mean man...what we got wasn't what we needed...we picked up some goalie off waivers, and someone I have never heard of for a 2nd line centre?

What Pierre Mcguire said, makes absolutely no sense...MAYBE BOCHENSKI NEEDS TO MATURE!!! He's only 23 fer crissakes....He had alot of good things to say about Arnason "he uses a big stick!" "needs to become more gritty". Just what we needed, a pussy with a big stick. Mcguire uses alot of ifs in his comments...I'm sure if he worked for ESPN he would have cut and pasted Arnasons name for Bochenski.

I'm sure yer making out with Pierre right now...

Have fun with Todd Simpson and Dave Aibisher, or however the hell you spell his name....

Can you tell I'm pissed?

Dont you have Havlat coming back? There's your second line center, putz. Why make a huge trade and lose young talent whilst over-paying for someone that you probably wouldnt be able to sign in the off-season? (that probably went over your heard).

As for why you picked up a goalie, I shouldnt have to explain that to you. Think about it. For once.

Man that guy is retarded...

I dont even know why you watch hockey.

a) we just got rid of young talent.

B) we had the perfect opportunity to pick up one of the better younger goalies in the league right now, tie up some loose ends with our UFA's, to keep everything under the cap, I dunno how we are gonna afford Chara and Redden...

c) havlat is coming back, so why did we need another centremen. we needed playoff experience...Doug Weight, Mark Recchi, exactly what Carolina did.

IMO, this old tired team needed some fresh blood, a blockbuster deal would have done them great...

And what's with the name calling, I thought we were friends...

You are a walking contradiction. Are you paying attention to what you are saying?

How are you going to get this 'blockbuster' trade without giving up young talent that is contributing from your roster, as well as still being able to sign your UFA's this summer?

You want this "old tired team" to pick up some fresh blood in the name of Recchi or Weight or similar?

And what's with the name calling, I thought we were friends...

Quit making dumbass comments and I will quit calling you a meathead, Meathead.

;)

Tyler Arnason was a great pick up...

He was a top line centre at the beginning of the year for a line with Eric Daze, and Tummou Ruttu. They both got injured, and with Chicago's injury woe's on Defence and in net this year, Arnason has still managed to scrape out over 0.5 pts per game. That's just fine for a 2nd line centre...

What'll be the most interesting to watch is how Fisher is going to be slicing through the defences now that he's the 'Third Line guy'... or if other teams will keep respecting him they way they've had to during his recent run of domination. It'll either be Fisher or Havlat... but either way, it looks like the Sens will be adding to their "undefeated while scoring four or more" streak.

How are you going to get this 'blockbuster' trade without giving up young talent that is contributing from your roster, as well as still being able to sign your UFA's this summer?

simple....put it this way...Florida needs a rebuild, prior to Jokinen signing with them, nobody really knew what was going on...

To Florida...Redden-Vermette/Eaves-Emery

To Ottawa...Jokinen-Luongo...

That leaves Ottawa with enough salary cap to finish off the year...In the off season the only free agent they would really have to deal with is Chara.

If Hasek retires at the end of this year, we are going to have another Damien Rhodes-Ron Tugnutt-Patrick Lalime situation in nets...

...MAYBE BOCHENSKI NEEDS TO MATURE!!! He's only 23 fer crissakes....

Crosby is 19 and more mature.. whats your point..

what's your point? .

you made the arguement because he is young he cant be mature..

i pointed out agae means nothing when it comes to maturity..

...MAYBE BOCHENSKI NEEDS TO MATURE!!! He's only 23 fer crissakes....

Crosby is 19 and more mature.. whats your point..

what's your point? .

you made the arguement because he is young he cant be mature..

i pointed out agae means nothing when it comes to maturity..

I think he means mature as a player and I believe that does come with age.

LEAFS SUCK!!!

That leaves Ottawa with enough salary cap to finish off the year...In the off season the only free agent they would really have to deal with is Chara.

You have got to be kidding.................

Everything I have said about you thus far is coming true. I must be a prophet or something.

Everything I have said about you thus far is coming true. I must be a prophet or something.

What he said. Any Sens Fan that would get rid of Redden, is CAR HAZY.

What he said. Any Sens Fan that would get rid of Redden' date=' is CAR HAZY.[/quote']

All of you are crazy, Florida would have never made that trade. If any team wants Luongo you better be ready to shell out a franchise player in return because Luongo has repeatedly said he wants to stay with the team as long as they are serious about putting together a winning team, which they have to be if they have Keenan and Jacques Martin at the helm.

I must confess I am a knowledgable fan of the Florida Panthers and have been since their inception. Feel free to mock me, I have no other choice but to accept it due to their lack of putting together a competitive team for 10 years. The only comeback I have is that they made it to the Stanley Cup finals in 1996.

So...does anyone have any other ideas what they are going to do in the off season then...If you can figure out a way they can keep Chara/Redden/Alfie/Heatley/Spezza/Havlat next year...I'd like to hear it.

It's just an idea....

I haven't heard anyone, tell me why, the Morrison/Arnason pickups will help the Sens win the Stanley Cup....

Sens Line up for the Playoffs:

Heatley Spezza Alfredsson: Good for 1-3 goals per game.

Havlat Arnason Vermette: Good for a goal or two a game

Schafer Fisher Neil: Good for knocking the crap out of the other team in the offencive end, maybe a goal every two games.

Kelly Varada and McGratten: Just so the other team stay "honest" (see: scared)

And a defensive core good for a goal every two games.

That gets us 3-4 goals a game... should be good to win a 7 game series...

With regards to Morrison... He is perhaps a more seasoned NHL goalie that will hopefully help the Sens maintain their place in the standings while the Dom contiunes his vacation...

Arnason is a slick player... a poor mans Marc Savard... just fire up NHL 06 and play a game with Chicago... Arnason and Ruutu skate circles around the defence then find Daze for a wicked one timer (he creates... and get his own rebounds really well. Daze that is.)

I'm also having visions of Magnus Arvedson breaking away for another breakaway... Arnason and Havlat could both accomplish this 'role'... expect to see Redden delivering the bombs.