Jambands.ca

NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Jaimoe

Here's the first big story:

TSN.ca Staff

3/8/2006 1:14:22 PM

Manny Fernandez is now 'officially' the Minnesota Wild's No. 1 netminder, as the team has traded goaltender Dwayne Roloson to the Edmonton Oilers in in exchange for a 1st round pick and a conditional draft pick.

The Wild have long been rumoured to be shopping off one of their goalies, and Roloson was the odd man out after the team re-signed Fernandez to a multi-year contract last week.

Roloson, 36, is 6-17 this season with a 3.00 goals-against average and a .910 save percentage.

More to follow.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some more news:

TSN.ca Staff

3/8/2006 12:39:19 PM

The Boston Bruins have claimed Mariusz Czerkawski on waivers from the Toronto Maple Leafs.

"We're just running short of bodies right now because of injury," Boston GM Mike O'Connell said. "And we’re having a tough time scoring goals. So maybe (Czerkawski) can score some for us, give us a bit of a spark. It's worth a try."

Czerkawski played in only 19 games with the Leafs this season, and reportedly met with Leafs general manager John Ferguson Jr. last week to ask for a trade.

Czerkawski, 33, was scratched Tuesday night and the Leafs allowed prospect Ben Ondrus to make his NHL debut.

The following players are also on waivers today: Tampa's Norm Milley, Phoenix goalie Philippe Sauve; Philadelphia's Turner Stevenson; Atlanta's Rico Fata and Chicago's Andy Hilbert.

Gonna miss ya bud, hope you get it back without fuggin' the Habs in the process.

phf-aage014.jpg

Let's not forget that the Habs have two goalies to work with now. I can deal with that short-term trade, not too mention whatever else Gainey has up his sleeve (summer) with this move, although:

from Eklund:

"By the way, do not expect Aebischer to remain in Montreal for long...Vancouver and Tampa are inquiring..speaking of which, Tampa is rumored to be shopping Martin St. Louis for a goalie...not too happy about losing Roloson..."

Guest Low Roller

Holy fûck!!! I'm a prophet! In EA's NHL 2004, I traded Theodore to Colorado just the other day!

Interesting move...

I'm always a little shellshocked when the Habs make a massive move, but I have full faith in Gainey, by far the most competent GM the Habs have had in decades. He knows his game, and he knew that the way Jose and Cristobal were playing this year, there was no way that the Habs needed a $4.5M per year backup goalie.

I hope Jose finds his game back in Colorado.

9175.jpg

I like the trade and wish Jose all the best. Having Aebischer gives us a better one two punch this year. He is a free agent next year so the Habs can either resign him for less money or let him go and sign someone else. Also, there is always the chance this move was made to make a bigger move today. We will just have to wait and see.