Jambands.ca

The Cat's Out of the Bag (Ottawa Content)

YearsAlongTheSea

So, there's been rumors, speculation, hype, and even conspiracy theories going around, so, I thought I would chime in and solidify a few things:

I'm moving to Ottawa. I really know nothing of the joint. I just moved back up to Canada last september after a 25+ years of ex-patriot status and I'm shifting my residential gears towards the Capitol. I've 'been all around this world' (long story, maybe one for setbreak banter or party small-talk) and I'm really excited to just be. While I do have a great situation up there, a few things are lacking. And before anyone pulls up the clickable text, I'm well aware of the "Who's got my heady TO Job" thread I made, so......

What's the employment situation? This is now a 'Who's got my heady Ottawa Job?' thread. And any general tidbits of knowledge are more than applicable to said subject.

Anyways, all arrogant overtones aside. I look forward to re-meeting all the people I've already met up there, and crossing paths with those I've yet to meet. Seems like a cool town and I'm psyched to make it my home, and, hopefully get to know a few of you O-Town Skanks.

Thanks in advance.

I've done everything blue collar with a little white collar and black collar tied in. So in a nutshell, my resume is all over the place and so, I'm in a "I'll take what I can get' type situation. But, if at all possible, whatever it is I wind up doing, I'd like it to be relatively laid back until I really figure out what I'm doing long-term.

So, thinking records stores, serving tables, entry-level bull....

Hope that makes sense.

What's the employment situation? This is now a 'Who's got my heady Ottawa Job?' thread. And any general tidbits of knowledge are more than applicable to said subject.

Well, we moved here last September, poked around for a while, I got a job, but then there's this strike and I'm out of work again. I haven't yet established whether this is a natural rhythm that comes with the place yet or not. When the nicer weather comes, though, I'll try my hand at busking in the Market. You might get ticketed every now and again, but it's consistent work, at least :).

I do look forward to properly meeting you, though, YATS!

When the nicer weather comes, though, I'll try my hand at busking in the Market. You might get ticketed every now and again, but it's consistent work, at least :)

Hell yeah, I have a djembe and will sell my soul to the street with you. Thank you all for the insight and by all means, keep it coming.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Countdown begins: T-2-3 days (give or take)

Best of luck brother... Ottawa is a great place to be... If Davey Boy wants to go out for food with you.. accept, he knows his shit!

If Booche wants to start drinking with you... you're in your own hands...

Oh and I hear theres a happening hot tub just over the border in Hull.. check that out sometime...

And that Moose person... ya tell her i miss her...

Hey Cowboy, there goes our ride to shows around the city... guess we'll have to start buggin Basher more eh...

talk to the civil service aware folks. i think douglas was pretty knowledgeable when dr and mrs evil made the ottawa move. i would think that ottawa would be the place for entry-level clerical work if you can get your foot in the door.

good luck!

I think I've been given more credit than what is due! I'd be happy to try to help out if you wanna send me your cv and any other relevant info. I can try to help you get started with a job-search perhaps.

If you're going to insult my qualifications you should:

1. Use purple

2. Know more of my employment history; and in doing so, you'd realize how uncomfortable I am in XXXL Yellow, Steel-Toed, work boots. Not to mention, the last time I worked at McDick's, my dog got fired cause he cornered a small child and would not let him leave until said child relinquished his happy meal, including Toy Story Figurine. Maybe I should stop bringing my dog to work you say? Hell no.

And, for Toronto. Don't hype it up too much, this city's already under a lot of pressure to live up to the jive. And, both places have a lack of quality music for the most part in my opinion, maybe I'll work on that for ya'll.

And it's only a 5 hour drive. :)