Jambands.ca

40 main Canada Day Kegger

bouche

Hey gang, thanks a lot for coming over to partake in the Canada Day Festivities, it was truely an amazing get together! The beer stayed cold, the music kept playing and we kept partying in good old fashion Canuck Style. Thanks to everyone who helped with setting up the rain tarp, that saved the music, and thanks to everyone who came up and jammed as well (special shout out to the Hux's!!), a great time and a good warm-up to this Saturday July 5th's 'Jam Back at the House'!!

It's funny, Bouche and I weren't really planning on going. We went out for breakfast and decided to swing by and say hello. I think we stayed for 7 hours.

Man what a great time. I can't remember drinking that much beer, EVER! I think we could have drank two more kegs actually. More than 200 people showed up to this one. If I didn't see it, I wouldn't have believed it.

As always guys, thanks so much for having us. I can hardly wait until Saturday to do it all again!

Did anybody see where I left my head*? This thing I've got in its place doesn't work very well...

Thanks for the party, guys, it was a bash.

Aloha,

Brad

* I'm guessing it's somewhere in the Ottawa / Kingston / Vernon, NY triangle...

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Huxtable:

Hey Poots! great bash - did everything even out on the financial end??? hope you guys didn't take a hit....well....not that kinda hit...but...well...uh...you know....

Thanks again, we drew about 230 people, all of which were kind enough to pay to support the cause, so I believe it we have just over enough to break good on the kegs, porto potties, food/TP/Cups, etc. Thats actually more than we had hoped to do, so a defenite success. The only shitty part was I had to stay late at the house and kick the rest o stragglers out and close up shop! Took a picture of the area this morning, it's gonna take a bit to clean up this one to prepare for Saturday.

Brad, you left you're head in your guitar case in my room, I'll give it to you this Saturday!

I'm a fuggin mess, work sucks ass. But man what a night, thanks to the boys at 40 Main for kicking it out yesterday and throwing the best most well organized kegger I've ever been too, a fuggin "beer shed" for christs sake, c'mon!!! [big Grin] See y'all on the 5th, hope some one videotaped that fight!

Activities this Saturday will probably start round 1 ish, maybe start with a warm-up open jam and have the first full band going on at 2pm. Then we'll probably rotate band/open jam for the remainder of the evening till dark or when everyone heads to the bluesfest/GTb afterparty. We got a few local Ottawa bands playing, and some from montreal coming down for the show, I believe a BullMoose/Seakers ensemble. Believe it or not, there may be some chances of Bluesfest musicians showing up as well, I'm pulling for a Ben Harper appearence. Hopefully I'll get a chance to talk to him tonight in Montreal!! We'll have the BBQ going, so bring some beer and meats and we'll take care of the rest.!

I'll keep the stands at the house till the weekend! I do have a few things that belong to some people though; Hux I have a guitar cable I believe you own, and a pin for one of your 300 ft speaker stands, Bouche I got you're tarp poles I'll put away till you're by next, you never know we may need them in case of any bad weather this weekend! Good Weather Karma!!

I might be up for that. I've had a crappy week overall, which is saying a whole bunch considering the holiday, a dose of fabulous sushi, time with The Mercenary, a flock of ass-biting geese, and dances with rocks--guys, you really have to check out the seasonal rock sculptures at Remic Rapids--the artist is very cool ...

-

click for more pics from past years

Archived