Jambands.ca

open jam---TODAY--Irene's 3pm

Calamity Jane

(just don't let anyone else see you humour a 5 year old while she plays with your beard and earring! Awwwwww...so cute!)

WHAT THE FUCK!?!

I wouldn't let anything that crawled out of Deb's snatch anywhere near my face and neither should you Todd, if you know what's good for you.

That little brusqueness aside (sorry, C, but some people need their little backs watched), it was great to see some familiar faces out today - it was a bit of an odd one the regular host being away for a bit; I hope next time to see the same and more skanks out to take over the place. It's terribly congenial for musicians with open ears (unlike, say, your average electric jam), and you would be hard pressed to find a more supportive crowd.

Lazlo, I'm glad you've got the Tact caveat up and running, but if you talk about my daughters that way again, I'll fucking disembowel you (unless you happen to enjoy that sort of thing, in which case I'll think up something worse) :).

CJ, for her part, can do still worse, in her own defence.

Sorry dude, I didn't mean for that to be an attack against your daughter. I actually have great sympathy for your children considering the foul abyss that crapped them out.

sheesh fukwad, you think about my snatch almost more than I do!!!!

The lack of spelling errors in your posts is truly surprising, given evey time you type something about me, one hand is playing with your dick. (or vainly searching for it under that massive gut that overhangs it.) The drool into the keyboard has got to become a problem eventually.

If only there was some way for me to collect on royalties......

I'm starting to wish I had gone. I read the first post in this topic about 3:30pm on Saturday, and considered going, but I had plans involving cooking a nice dinner and cracking a bottle of wine I'd been saving. Soon after I started cooking, though, I regretted my choice: it was a gorgeous afternoon, I could have easiy made it to Irene's for dinner, I wasn't that tired (there having been nothing that went on the night before) and I would have loved to have seen Velvet and DEM (and others) make some music (I may have even made some myself). Unfortunately, I couldn't safely stop cooking, and by the time it was done, it was too late, and I was too hungry. I filed in in the "Next time!" folder (he said, hopefully).

Aloha,

Brad

Oh, that one's got a long pedigree :). It's even more fun to watch in person.

We've been doing Irene's for a few weeks now, on and off. It's got a really pleasant vibe to it - typically very open, and increasingly seeing the jam spread from the stage to the floor, as it were. For someone with such persistent stage jitters as me, it's downright therapeutic.

I'm starting to wish I had gone.

Do make it out in future (really - food? fffft!). I hope it's before the end of the month that I get to hear you play again; I'm pretty sure we'll be away this weekend, but will be sure to catch the one the Saturday following.

[edit to add:] - in my (limited) experience, it goes till somewhere between 6 and 7.

Edited by Guest

The problem is timing. If I have a show to go to on (a) Saturday night, going to Irene's is a pain, because I'll either have to haul all my gear (assuming it's a show I'm taping) there, and then to the show, or head down, then come home, then head back downtown. Given that there are shows the next two Saturdays (James McKenty And The Spades at The Pour House on Apr. 15, then Chameleon Project + Loudlove at Mavericks on Apr. 22), it's doubtful I'll be able to make it out. :(

Aloha,

Brad

Calamity Jane, Dr. Evil Mouse

Thank you SO MUCH for the wicked map book!

You have no idea how much it is appreciated :o:o:o

As soon as YATS and I left the open stage we regrouped back at the homestead and took SlyDawg out for an adventure.

This is shaping up to be a most excellent spring! :)

on behalf of Sly... woof. woof woof wrrrrwwwmmmm

(that's "thanks, for getting me the heck outta this cramped city!"... or something like that.)

it was good hanging with you and the young'uns - I'm definitely down for a repeat. :)

Unfortunately, I couldn't safely stop cooking

this line put me in stitches.....Zappa's dangerous kitchen floats through my mind. I think I'm going to try that line, Bradm, in many different contexts...."sorry, I simply can't stop __________-ing, it would just be too dangerous."

Calamity Jane, Dr. Evil Mouse

Thank you SO MUCH for the wicked map book!

You have no idea how much it is appreciated ...."thanks, for getting me the heck outta this cramped city!"... or something like that.)

it was good hanging with you and the young'uns - I'm definitely down for a repeat. :)

1. you're MOST welcome

2. so glad to hear the happy woofs

3. let's book the 22nd for sure!!!!

Better you in stitches than me in ICU: I was roasting chicken (chicken thighs in breadcrumbs in the toaster oven), and figured that stopping the cooking, then resuming it at a later date/time (even with refrigeration) would be a bad idea.

Aloha,

Brad