Jambands.ca

Frank Zappa on Crossfire

fluffhead77

Note in the Crossfire interviews the contentment with which he replies "Millions of dollars" when he's asked how much money he's made off his music.

Also note how proud he is to tell the panel that he's a conservative. Although I don't subscribe to all his views I think this duality makes Frank an interesting study.

Also note how proud he is to tell the panel that he's a conservative. Although I don't subscribe to all his views I think this duality makes Frank an interesting study.

Absolutely - that autobio Jaimoe posted above goes to some lengths to get into all that. I imagine it used to be an endless source of amusement for him to correct those of his critics who would try accusing him of being some sort of drugged out weirdo, when a) he was vigorously anti-drug, and B) he described his off-stage life as downright normal and family-focused.

Absolutely - that autobio Jaimoe posted above goes to some lengths to get into all that. I imagine it used to be an endless source of amusement for him to correct those of his critics who would try accusing him of being some sort of drugged out weirdo' date=' when a) he was vigorously anti-drug, and B) he described his off-stage life as downright normal and family-focused.

[/quote']

indeed. frank's biggest drugs were cigarettes and coffee, which i remember him referring to as "food substitute." and way to go bouche for looking up John Lofton. what a tool...interesting that he has maintained a consistent cranial-rectal view of the world since '86 :P

indeed. frank's biggest drugs were cigarettes and coffee' date=' which i remember him referring to as "food substitute."[/quote']

Ah, so he's really only vigorously anti-"drugs I don't do".

i always found that a bit odd...but i don't think i'd call fz anti-drug. he seemed like more sort of an "ambivalent-drug" sort of person...he claimed in the book pictured above that drugs never did anything for him.

• 11 months later...

Deadpan's the word. It's kind of a pity that Zappa says so relatively little, for the most part just doling out curt, abrupt answers; he's obviously got tons to say on it all, but seems annoyed to have to be there.

The PMRC guy, Rev. Jeff Ling, is pretty annoying, though. I hate it when people use the word "media" in the singular, as if it's some sort of unified force (or, in this case, personality, like the devil he's chasing).