Jambands.ca

What The Thunder Said - CD release dates - June 1,2,3 - Updated Bill

Deeps

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had never thought of it before but there is a valid comparison to be made between Deeps' vocals and M Doughty's. huh!

I still stand by my comparison to John McRea (he of Cake). I actually don't know who M Doughty is though.

M Doughty is the vocalist from Soul Coughing.

Illegal amounts of fun over the weekend.

The Toronto and Guelph crowds were boisterous and stuck it out to the very end.

I ended up playing for every member of my immediate family too. That was really nice. Mom came out on Friday and Saturday...rock on.

These shows were the first where we weren't afraid of losing too much momentum with a set break. Good sign! So 2 sets of fun were had in both T.O.and Guelph.

I look forward to getting back to Hamilton on a Friday or Saturday so you all can get the full experience without tomorrow morning's work day telling you to go home.

So many people supported these shows and bought cds and other merch ... very kind of you all and we are very grateful ... thank you.

Deeps

I am currently listening to Todd and MarcO covering Fearless by Pink Floyd from last Thursday's show.

This set that I've got here on my mini disc is awesome. I will transfer it and figure out how to make it available if I get permission from the guys.

Niiiice.

Deeps

I'm surprised I haven't gotten around to commenting on this. I've been busy batting out a piece on JSB which I'm much anticipating this Friday in Guelph. The Thunder boys really brought it and were having a genuine gas of a time. Every pick I took they were grinning like apes back and forth at one another. They played spot on versions of the bulk of their songs notably Uiit, E-Kick (I think this book ended the whole set like first tune last tune), Mullen, Bounce (with a good rant about Indy, Funk, Jam I don't care what you call it- it was real goosebumps stuff and thought provoking and edgy). Deeps does a lot of good David Byrenish talk sing type stuff. They also covered completely spot on DJ Shadow's Building Steam From A Grain Of Salt which is sort of the most iconic tune of Endtroducing. They nailed it which is funny because that album is made of like 10,000 undeclared samples as far as I know. Also the encore that NewRider mentioned was KC Accidental which was also SPOT on and so fucking balls I was going apeshit and I was deadly sober (like I smoked a cigarette that's it). Their trumpet player who sat in on the tune before strapped on a guitar to give it a bit more beef and they all sang the chorus sort of standing back from the mikes. With the previous soapbox rant (to really good effect) about how whoever the musician's are and what every you call them they "create art and wealth" or "art and love"- it was sort of a snub of the nose at the shoegazers and Emo Boys and Girls and also an outstretched palm. So to really nail one of "their" so-called tunes it really fucking killed.

All your kind they're coming clean

They shut their eyes, their mess, their scenes

All your kind, their spool and lance

their crash, their kiss, they harmonize

All your kind they're, all your kind they

All your kind they come and clean

their sleep through keys

they kill their needs

it's kill...