Jambands.ca

What The Thunder Said - CD release dates - June 1,2,3 - Updated Bill

Deeps

Well, mattm talked about doing the Guelph and Toronto shows, and if he's got wheels, I may tag along and tape the resulting craziness, so a little "ambush opening set" action may just be the ticket. :) (Come to think of it, I doubt anybody at Crowbar will actually be able to recognize anybody from WTTS...we could "Good Ol' Blues Brothers Band" 'em...)

Aloha,

Brad

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be on guard for highjacking of stages.

Alright our damp set at CTMF this weekend has invigourated our little band here. IT was fun to battle the elements together and with some new material and a return to the music after our guitar player took a 2 week soujourn this is going to be an inspired 3 nights with some quality supporting acts.

Please come out and join us if you can.

Take care

Deeps

Check the top of this thread for an updated list of supporters!!!! I think you'll like what you see.

Edited by Guest

Your energy is contagious brother...hope to see you around Guelph over the next little while.

I've found it amazing that I haven't seen that Fro around Guelph, but finally @ Xavier and then all weekend your bouncing head was afoot.

Good times ... see you next round.

Deeps

Ha ... your head was-a-foot

Would there be any Ottawa people who'd be willing to drive to the Guelph and Toronto shows (and then back)? I'm willing to share gas and car rental, and I'd be taping the shows, so the driver would have a feeling of satisfaction from knowing she/he enabled the sharing of the joy of the shows. (I think mattm would also be interested in tagging along.)

If I don't end up going to WTTS, I may be forced to go to drink beer in Montreal, so if you can help out and choose not to, let my damaged liver be on your head (as weird an image as that is...).

Aloha,

Brad

Wish I could see you guys. Just found out that an old friend from 1st year university, Fraser, is your keyboard player! His roommate Carl from back then just told me about it. Probably haven't seen him in close to 10 years. Anyhow if you are talking to him tell him that blane says hi. We used to jam together in his dorm room!

I think they'll be worth the price of admission.

CDs are in hand....nothing left but the rock!

Music will start early on Thursday. I'm looking @ a 9:30 start for NeuGroove. Please come early and support the openers.

Looking to get a prior to 10:00p start in Guelph as well.

Cheers

Deeps

PS The only thing that stops a show from starting early is people pre gaming until 11p.....No one can send a band up there when the room's empty so please help us get an early start.

I really hope people make it out and support these guys. There really hasn't been a torch bearer band in Ontario since Nero left the scene (Burt, Fat Cats and others just haven't toured with any consistency or outside their usual environs) - hopefully that is starting to change. They're a gifted band to be certain Mike is a shit hot guitarist, in what I would have to call a decidedly Trey-ish style, as is Fraser (Paige-ish?) - Deeps taps into a deep Italo ancestry weaving a tapesty of... I give up. It's incendiary.