Jambands.ca

What The Thunder Said - CD release dates - June 1,2,3 - Updated Bill

Deeps

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had never thought of it before but there is a valid comparison to be made between Deeps' vocals and M Doughty's. huh!

I still stand by my comparison to John McRea (he of Cake). I actually don't know who M Doughty is though.

I have to say, I've had my hands on an early mix of this record for a couple months, and it's killer. Many, many congratulations are in order to Deeps and the boys. See y'all tonight.

Thanks for a fun night. Deeps you and the boys were sounding great. The only unfortunate part being, that the crowd was a little sparse in comparison to what I was expecting. Difficult to draw on a Thursday night I suppose. Looking foward to giving the disc a more thorough listen.

MarcO I also enjoyed your set with Todd. Floyd's "Time" into Todd's seldomly played "Master's Hand" was a highlight for me. That in addition to the also seldomly played "Highlander", and of course the infamous Fearless and They Call it Democracy. Nice set indeed!

Neugroove was sounding pretty cool as well. Hopefully I'll catch them again next Friday at Pj's 5th anniversary celebration. (I can't believe it's five years already... the good ol' La Luna days are almost ready to be logged as historical archives)...

Given what I know about your plans this weekend, I want to see a picture of a line-up of you and your co-horts, in full garb with swords, lined up outside the club, with "Tonight: What The Thunder Said" lit up on the marquee...

Aloha,

Brad

Given what I know about your plans this weekend, I want to see a picture of a line-up of you and your co-horts, in full garb with swords

after re-reading that it really makes it sound like I'm heading to Toronto for like a LARPer

weekend or something.. and not that there's anything wrong with that.. I'm just not :)

MarcO I also enjoyed your set with Todd. Floyd's "Time" into Todd's seldomly played "Master's Hand" was a highlight for me. That in addition to the also seldomly played "Highlander", and of course the infamous Fearless and They Call it Democracy. Nice set indeed!

Please tell me that someone recorded that. I would absolutely love to hear it.

Where the hell did this band come from? Last night was my first time seeing them since Come Together last May, and Christ on a Cracker, they're a new band. Don't nobody try to tell me there no new up-and-comers in Southern Ontario; it's more like there's nobody coming out to see the up-and-comers.

Anyway, this band is ridiculous, a monstrous progressive indie/alt rock act. I am officially a full-fledged fan, the live performance sealed it for me. See y'all tonight in Guelph!

p.s. Also, MarcO, I had no idea you could either play guitar and/or sing, like, for real. Fucking good stuff man, you need to get out and play more.

Edited by Guest

yup, WTTS have come a *long* way from just a year ago. Talk about heading in the right direction(s) - their confidence, ambitions and talents are now becoming aligned like the planets; they are moving into a new phase and taking things to new levels. They honestly get better every time I see/hear them. It was an honour to share the stage with them last night and I thank them so much for the opportunity. Good guys too, to a man.

As for the attendance, well yes it could have been stronger, but Hamilton is a fickle city for live music and it should be noted that it was the first cool night in a week; a number of people were listening to and enjoying the music outside, while also enjoying the cool night air. And other things kinda like air.

Thank you also for the kind words. I very much enjoyed playing although I confess to much in the way of nerves. Sitting in a cottage and playing is one thing - hearing your voice and guitar echoing through a performance space with all of it coming back to you in monitors is something else altogether. Also Todd is such a seasoned veteran in terms of performing that he has the momentum to be in "the zone" with relative ease, something I have long lost. Still, a very good friend and a pleasure to play with, it was genuinely fun. I'd do it again anytime - it could only get better!

I had the taste of crow in my mouth last night; it is easy to be a critic, actually *doing it* is something else altogether. I hope to be able to remember this as the days and months pass and I bear witness to more live performances. It's not easy.

But anyway, you folks in Guelph and Toronto are in for a real treat the next couple of nights. Paul, Fraser, Mike & Steve are delivering the goods. Dance for them. It'll be a win-win situation for everyone!

peace!

p.s. Also, MarcO, I had no idea you could either play guitar and/or sing, like, for real.

Let's not go too far. First of all my mother can play a better guitar and she has no arms. Secondly, every time Marc opened his mouth it was like he was singing a different song.

I'm in agreement that this band is rapidly progressing and improving ... they work hard as a band, and their effort is definitely pushing their music to new heights. I would like to be at one of these three CD release shows, but it's just not in the cards. Family responsibilities.

I hope that tonight and tomorrow night go well for WTTS.

And MarcO + Todd, and Neugroove ... yes, I wish I could have been at Thursday's show for all 3 acts.

Peace, Mark

awesome things goin on round those parts to be sure Deeps... all feels very freshly fun... indeed to look forward for more (without dreaded committment guilts naggin away)

and I become better than I was any time I get within proximity of Todd and MarcO's combination... to look after those nerves I recommend a 2-3 day bender leading up to future performances (seemed pretty chill, if cross-eyed, that Sunday afternoon out at Izzy's ;) )

one day, I shall be in Neugroove too