Jambands.ca

United 93

Jaimoe

i had/have some serious reservations about watching that movie... not really for any political reasons, but just subjecting myself to the horrifying realties of what went on up there...

i really don't know if i could stomach watching it.

I agree with PassedoutGuy J. My problem is the success rates for cell phone calls at cruising, or even half cruising altitude. The success rate (according to some...) is less than .001% for a cell call going through from a plane. Though I can't say I have read reports that confirm it is possible (ie the only one I saw was care of Loose Change) I wonder if the strength of a cell phone or cell tower is enough to place a call from a plane.

BUT. Many reporters bolstered by films like Loose Change have gone to the town near where Flight 93 crashed and interviewed many intelligent credible witnesses who say they saw, and are absolutely sure, they saw a passenger jet fly overhead before it crashed. They took it as an insult for someone else to suggest to them that what they had seen wasn't actually what they had seen (ie anything but a passenger jet which to most Americans is something they can identify)

All I can say is I won't see the film anyway.

Jaimoe tell me that was suppose to be in purple. This movie is nothing but propaganda bullshit

I'm assuming you haven't seen it then. Directed by an admitted anti-Bush Brit, this film has no known actors or moral message. The terrorists aren't portrayed as monsters, just devoted. You really feel for the doomed passengers, especially when they find out what is happening on the other hi-jacked flights. See the film. If you have seen it already, then you clearly didn't get what the film was all about.

Seeing the family members and actors who played their loved ones on Larry King was gripping. I think nobody could have done this movie right other than the director who got it. The family's represented were very happy with the portrayals of their loved ones. One interesting point was that they sequestered the 'terrorist' actor's from the rest of the cast at a different hotel and they used a different gym. I gather it was a fairly tense situation socially and it added to the dramatic import.

I think everyone should go and see this important and unbelievably gripping and moving film. Anyone who thinks United 93 is a propped-up Hollywood film seriously has no clue.

Have you seen it yet' date=' jaimoe?!? just curious.[/quote']

Fool.