Jambands.ca

New Phone??

onthejourney

hey, don't steal my referral! I was going to post that!

Actually, I'm very pissed with Vonage at the moment. We STILL don't have the fucking service. We have had no phone since friday and they haven't fixed the MAC address issue with our device yet. I'll try tonight, but if I get that fucking error "Your telephone is plugged into the wrong port, or your there is a problem with your account" I'm going to blow a fuse!

The Vonage is now working. I even managed to configure it using the router and I was able to assign my main PC an IP address so that my Bit Torrent ports will continue to foward correctly.

They did the MAC swap for me yesterday and I just now need to unhook our Bell box from the Bell network so I can use our internal phone network like a normal system.

That's what sold me on Vonage. I can plug the Vonage device into our wall jack and then the other jacks can be used as regular phones.

Let's not forget that A.G. Bell's a local boy too!

(I have an endless series of grievances against Bell, so the above should not be understood as an actual endorsement or anything. I just remembered the little relief plaque of him in downtown Browntown.)

Only sort of. He was born in Scotland, and only lived in Brantford for about 10 years. And while he did work on his invention while in Brantford, it was in the US that he fully developed the telephone - and that research was funded by whichever Boston-area institute of higher learning he was employed by at the time.

Don't tell anyone from Brantford that, though. After all, they needed *something* to be proud of before Wayne Gretzky came along.

Melly...

If you and Toolers plan to get cable and internet service you should check out Cogeco. Erich and I pay roughly 140 a month for phone, internet and cable. The good thing about the phone is that you can call anywhere in Canada or USA anytime and it's a set rate. To get the deal you have to have an exsisting telephone line with bell though. Good Luck and i'm sorry we haven't came over yet. It's been a crazy week..:(

Rogers home phone is great if you do a lot of long distance because they have the flat rates. Also if you activate a cell phone and a home phone with Rogers you will get two months of free home phone service plus save five percent off your total bill for as long as you have your home phone and cell with Rogers. Also, if you add and more products like cable or high speed you will save more. Three products saves you ten percent off the total bill and four will get you fifteen. That pretty much pays for a small cell phone plan.

These super deals and more are available at your local Wireless Wave! I highly recommend the cute bald chick for sales in the Browntown area. :P

Also, Rogers just released a shit load of new phones, some are pretty cool, especially the Motorola SLVR L7

it was non-stop action! I hear it in my head really fast, like a car dealership commercial.

"Rogers home phone is great if you do a lot of long distance because they have the flat rates. Also if you activate a cell phone and a home phone with Rogers you will get two months of free home phone service plus save five percent off your total bill for as long as you have your home phone and cell with Rogers. Also, if you add and more products like cable or high speed you will save more. Three products saves you ten percent off the total bill and four will get you fifteen. That pretty much pays for a small cell phone plan."

all of us Vonage dudes can call each other for FREE too!

when you sign up, you let them know who referred you. So, if ontheJourney signs up she would let them know that Basher (whatever his account is) referred her.

when you sign up, you can let them know that Mike Bouchard referred you. if they need an account nubmer, I'd have to look it up.