Jambands.ca

Jeff Buckley died on this day 5/29/97

TimmyB

One of the worst or best examples (depending on how you look at it?) of a great talent being taken from this planet far too early.

Jeff Buckley you sang like an angel and I hope you are enjoying Heaven singing with the angels.

Tim

From www.billboard.com

THIS DAY IN MUSIC for May 29, 2006

1997 - Jeff Buckley drowns while swimming with a friend off Mud Island in Memphis.

One of the worst or best examples (depending on how you look at it?) of a great talent being taken from this planet far too early.

Yep, he was only 30!

And his dad, Tim Buckley, also a musician, died on JUNE 29, 1975 at the age of 28.

If you haven't done so already, read the book "Dream Brother", based around the lives of both Jeff and Tim Buckley written posthumously by David Browne.

I return so often to his work but one of the greatest rarities I ever snagged was a version of Jeff singing I Shall Be Released through the phone to a college radio show while their band played in the studio. Somehow, it sounds so right, like he could be singing to us today.

A rare and unique talent with staying power.

Yep' date=' he was only 30!

And his dad, Tim Buckley, also a musician, died on JUNE 29, 1975 at the age of 28.

If you haven't done so already, read the book "Dream Brother", based around the lives of both Jeff and Tim Buckley written posthumously by David Browne.[/quote']

Thanks for the heads up, I will look into that book.

Yes it was also sad about his father Tim Buckley, both were taken far too early.

Tim

He was taken too soon ... his talent was unbelievable ... I had the good fortune and (thank god sense) to see him when he came through Toronto i believe in 1994 ? I saw him play at Trinity St. Paul Church -- Bloor & Spadina.

I remember going by myself as i couldn't convince anyone to come check this dude out. I got a seat front row ("pew") centre as he played on the altar and when he sang 'Hallelujah'... my god... unreal...

R.I.P. Mr. Buckley

kfakmain.jpg

I was wondering if M was going to mention that story. She didn't mention she worked her magic and talked to him as well. Any fan should read the book- it fills in a great deal.

If you haven't done so already, read the book "Dream Brother", based around the lives of both Jeff and Tim Buckley written posthumously by David Browne.