Jambands.ca

LOOK WHAT I HAVE CREATED!!!

Dancin man

Well, no pics yet but today we hatched our first chick the natural way!!! One of our hens have been sitting on about 8-10 eggs for about 3 weeks now and when I got home from work today there was a little peeper trying out it's new legs. Crazy exciting!!! It is very rare in hens nowadays to go "broody" so this is a treat. I just moved her and her eggs to a private hutch and pen for safety and cleanliness yesterday--what timing. I will try to get some pics tomorrow morning if I can. Yay nature!!! There will most likely be many peepers in the morning--can't wait!

Pics, please yes. Lucky folks, you two -- where do you live?

Just give me a modest plot of land, some gardening space, and some chickens. (maybe a heifer and a calf) Oh, and a stereo. I'll be happy. I fucking promise.

Timouse, you said something about a commune?

Anyways, congrats Super Freak. Exciting times!

Timouse, you said something about a commune?

Anyways, congrats Super Freak. Exciting times!

yes, and people who know how to raise chickens or are interested in learning are welcome to sign on :)

niffermouse and i are currently trying to work out how we can escape from SoOn hamster-wheel existence and ultimately be able to provide for ourselves and any other like minded souls...

congrats super freak and dancin' man on the new addition to your family!

d_rawk, have we met in real life?