Jambands.ca

Ottawans: Westfest this weekend?

bradm

mooose, their burger menu does indeed list veggie burgers as a patty option; another would be portobello mushroom cap. (Their menu also lists smoked meat poutine...)

CJ, are you driving in? I'm not sure about parking in Westboro, but you'd be welcome to leave your vehicle at my place. I live right beside the Lincoln Fields OC Transpo station, which is two stops away from Westboro; you could drop the wheels off, and we could wend our way pretty easily. (Timing-wise, I'd want to be underway by 11am or so.)

Aloha,

Brad

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got off the phone with Calamity Jane, and she's unsure at this point (largely due to precocious kids). The weather for tomorrow looks better: partly cloudy, 17C, 10% chance of rain.

Anybody in for tomorrow? I think I'd be better off napping out this afternoon and heading out tomorrow afternoon.

Aloha,

Brad

First review.....

People setting up....

moe.ron pouring coffee like you wouldn't beleive!!!

didn't make it to the stage....

gonna spend the better part of my morning watching LOST.

dude, someone's gotta give you a column somewhere.

brilliant. i feel like im right there.

:thumbup:

Well guigsy...me, voodoo, asparagus, rosie, went back out...caught a bit of the Cliks, had a sausage, bumped into Howler and GM...did some shopping, (i bought shoes) and had a beer at the beer tent. went home cuz it was tooo cold...oh, asparagus bought a goat for his grandma's birthday.

Went back out for the throat singers...missed it

returned home for a BBQ and beverages...delicious

Went back out for the Skydiggers...the organizer of the fest sang a song with them, then they played "that one song I know" then returned home...all the while drinking well earned snoots outta my coffee cup.

Saw moe.ron again...had a sandwich!

BTW it was pouring rain and freezing...no beach party this year...

Oh well...at least I am drinking in the warmth of my apt, after watching the Oilers bounce back to make the series 2-1...

That was a fun evening, Jim was pretty loose and talkative but the show was good. Nice guest appearance from Kathleen Edwards on violin. Yesterday some people pointed out members of Arcade Fire at Radiohead; Jeremy Gara (AF drummer) is a regular in Jim's band and was playing guitar and keys tonight.

But that's not really news to anyone I hope.

AD