Jambands.ca

Thank You Jambands!!!

can-o-phish

So off I went to meet a friend and take in some ALO at The Mod Club last night, both of which were a first as I've never been to the Mod Club or had heard ALO...

ALO put on a great show and the Mod Club was frickin' amazing...stellar sound & lights!!!! What a great venue!!! The night couldn't have begun any better as when we arrived Norwegian Wood was playing on the house system and had tasty tunes until ALO hit the stage...sorry, missed the opening act as we were sippin' on cervezas patio style...

ALO made me think of the sounds/vibe from Nectar with some SCI and Jack Johnson thrown in...impressed with the acoustic guitar sound/tone...no question Trey influenced his style but that's okay with me...

So danced my ass off, met C-Towns who's just arrived in T-Dot and was celebrating his B-Day last night!!! If there was anyone recording this show I know he'd love a copy...

And with regards to my post about downloading & purchasing music, I made sure to buy a copy of ALO's newest CD...

Thanks Jambands for the contest tix and introducing me to ALO...this will hopefully be my first show of many :o

As it was my first time seeing the band and at the Mod Club, I was looking forward to hearing & seeing the band than recording as they do have shows on archive...IMHO, not every show has to be recorded...nice to let some of the music drift into the cosmos and let the people get the word out ;):)...

I understand completely*. My view is that when a band that's cool with being recorded comes from a long way off (IIRC, ALO are from California) into a new (Canadian!) market, I want to record them, in part to show my support for them (and their touring efforts) and to be able to have something to shove down the throats of those who could/should have been there but weren't; that is, to assist in getting the word out.

Aloha,

Brad

* If there's anybody who might need a night off from taping, it's either you or me. :)

I think you just got spanked, Can-O-Fish!

You call that a spanking??? ;):P

Takes a little more than that to ruffle this guy's feathers :o

I am under the impression that bradm records not only every show that rolls through O-Town, but also every poop, piss and bodily expulsion that he has as well ;):P

Hey brad, want a job here in T-Dot as our Foley Artist??? ;)

I am under the impression that bradm records not only every show that rolls through O-Town

Not even close. Why, there have been three shows (out of about 30 that I've attended) so far this year that I haven't recorded.

, but also every poop, piss and bodily expulsion that he has as well ;):P

Leave Booche's signatory wishes out of this, will you?

Hey brad, want a job here in T-Dot as our Foley Artist??? ;)

Maybe, but it'd make the tapers' section at the Orbit Room really crowded on Monday nights. :o

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest