Jambands.ca

beer can chicken = the best chicken I've ever made!!!

fluffhead77

so after years of saying i was going to make the beer can in the butt chicken I finally took the plunge (puns to be pardoned) with spectacular results!

dry rub*: garlic powder, sea salt, powdered mustard, paprika, tumeric, cumin, green peppercorns, chili powder, onion powder

* - mashed in the mortar and pestle and then rubbed half of it on the outside of the bird (rinsed and dryed first).

1. Opened a can of Bud left from the Bonnaroo and then "opened" the can with a can opener...works very well to be sure. Emptied the bud, and 1/2 filled the can with some Killians Irish Red, and poured the rest of the rub in there.

2. Shunted the can into the birds anus and stood the bastard up using the 2 legs and can as a tripod. put it on a roasting tray (to avoid the mess leaking thru the bbq onto my porch) and slapped onto a preheated BBq (400 degrees, indirect heat) for 1.25>1.5 hours.

3. Brushed it after 35 minutes and again at 1 hour with a fire oil/liquid smoke emulsion

4. brushed it 5 minutes before it was done with tablespoonful of diana sauce mixed with the juice of a whole lemon, just to glaze the bastard.

it was the fucking snip snap shizzy fiz nit!

honestly I have never made a better chicken.

please try this at home.

0308p106c_l.jpg

but i heard that liquid smoke isnt that good for you, something about it being a carcinogen?

True, but if you ever smoke a joint, or sit around a campfire, or eat grilled/BBQed food, etc.. the liquid smoke shouldn't really give you any extra reason to pause.

I mean, a chicken cooked on a 400 degree BBQ is probably already full of carcinogens anyways. No reason to worry about a bit of liquid smokey goodness added to the mix, I wouldn't think. Best not to think about things this way while actually enjoying the fruits of your labour, though :)

PHAs in smoked food products and commercial liquid smoke flavourings

Opened a can of Bud left from the Bonnaroo

Beer leftover from a festival weekened? What planet am I on? The people act so strangely here .... :P

but i heard that liquid smoke isnt that good for you' date=' something about it being a carcinogen?[/quote']

True, but if you ever smoke a joint, or sit around a campfire, or eat grilled/BBQed food, etc.. the liquid smoke shouldn't really give you any extra reason to pause.

I mean, a chicken cooked on a 400 degree BBQ is probably already full of carcinogens anyways. No reason to worry about a bit of liquid smokey goodness added to the mix, I wouldn't think. Best not to think about things this way while actually enjoying the fruits of your labour, though :)

PHAs in smoked food products and commercial liquid smoke flavourings

Opened a can of Bud left from the Bonnaroo

Beer leftover from a festival weekened? What planet am I on? The people act so strangely here .... :P

all the monkeys I was with drank all the TASTY beer I bought and left no less than 49 bud/bud light/MGD/PBR that they somehow thought buying was a good idea (we had ALOT of booze...in fact I believe the drink of choice this year was TVR - tequilla vodka redbell...aka the sparkplug)

ms. Hux/bouche....let's see the pics!

• 1 year later...