Jambands.ca

Get Bluesfest wristbands early - also Lawnchair segregation.

bouche

Organizers of the Cisco Systems Ottawa Bluesfest have devised a strategy to reduce wait-times at the front gates on opening night. On Thursday, July 6 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., non-transferable wristband ticket holders can redeem their Bluesfest tickets for wristbands. This presents an opportunity to avoid lining up on opening night. The pre-event “tickets-for-wristband” area will be located on the main floor of Ottawa City Hall near the Wireless Caf� (see site map www.ottawabluesfest.ca ).

Along with the advanced opportunity to redeem “tickets for wristbands” Bluesfest will host a BLUESFEST PREVIEW featuring the music of Shane Simpson, among others. The preview will be a one-night-only event and will run in conjunction with the pre-event “tickets-for-wristband” campaign on Thursday, July 6. Guided tours of the newly-configured Bluesfest site will be offered, and members of Bluesfest's programming committee will be on hand to give recommendations on some of their favourite acts. This is an excellent chance to get the behind-the-scenes, inside scoop on the Ottawa Bluesfest.

On Friday, July 7 from 12 noon until 5 p.m. non-transferable wristband ticket holders can redeem their Bluesfest tickets for wristbands at the box office at the Bluesfest main gate (adjacent to the Q.E. Driveway at the east end of Festival Plaza).

Also this year, Bluesfest is providing an opportunity to redeem tickets for passports at all Bluesfest entrances (see site map); this applies on opening night and throughout the festival.

MAIN STAGE SEATING AREA

Cisco Systems Ottawa Bluesfest will offer a designated area to accommodate lawn-chair seating for patrons with general admission passes. This area will be located on the north side of the Main Stage (towards Confederation Park); the area to the south side of the lawn chair area (towards City Hall) will be designated for fans who wish to stand or sit. Patrons choosing this area should be aware that many people will choose to stand, or even dance, during most Main Stage performances.

Patrons choosing this area should be aware that many people will choose to stand, or even dance, during most Main Stage performances.

lol...be warned, people MIGHT EVEN DANCE! dear lord!!!

i think it's great news, even if only main stage, at least it's something. if it works out good, hopefully it will spread further.

:) woohoo!

Edited by Guest
i don't know how to use the quote option so good

i emailed to find out if they are also doing this on other stages. I really can't see me spending much time at the main stage anyway. I found that the sidestages were much worse because even with a standing area at the main stage, you're way the fuck back anyway.

Cisco Systems Ottawa Bluesfest will offer a designated area to accommodate lawn-chair seating for patrons with general admission passes. This area will be located on the north side of the Main Stage (towards Confederation Park); the area to the south side of the lawn chair area (towards City Hall) will be designated for fans who wish to stand or sit. Patrons choosing this area should be aware that many people will choose to stand, or even dance, during most Main Stage performances.

Holy shit! This is incredible news. Thank you Bluesfest. I hope this also means they will be policing for lawnchair people trying to take up space on the south side. And appropriately enough, NORTH SIDE SUCKS!

Shane Simpson is a killer acoustic guitar player; if you were at Pablo and kitkat's wedding, he and Paul Bourdeau did a set early in the night.

Cool! Shane Simpson was my guitar teacher back when I was in high school.