Jambands.ca

duo+trey&mike @ spac July 2

kookycanooky

I've never taken photos at a show before, last night i found out my camera couldn't handle the task.

With no flash you have to be mighty still to get a good shot...which is not easy at all after the shakedown street partying.

Unfortunatly i got no shots of phil, only video, which is shakey, and unusually large concidering the length of footage.

I didn't actually think of getting any footage of GRAB, but I did manage to get one shot of them with the flash, afterwhich security was on me like white on rice.

duo.jpg

I was at that show on Sunday night. I wanted to make a posting last night when I returned home but was too tired. I really enjoyed the show. First it was the Duo for about half an hour, then Trey and Mike joined them for just over an hour. Highlight of that set was "Who Are You", very well done. Overall I enjoyed their set very much, you folks going to see them in Toronto are in for a treat. However, for you "Shine" haters, they played 2 songs from that disc.

Setlist:

Drifting, Plasma, Mud City, Play Pause Stop, Suskind Hotel > Dragonfly, Sweet Dreams Melinda, Get Back, Shine, Something For Rockets, Mr. Completely > Who Are You* E: Tuesday

Phil & Friends - very good too. I like the line-up, and Phil was wise to turn most of the singing duties over to his bandmates. Don't get me wrong, I love Phil, but his "church dad vocals" (thanx for that phrase Hux) are a little hard to listen to sometimes. Highlights for me "Peggy-O",

"Uncle John's Band", "Althea" and of course "The Wheel".

Setlist:

Set 1: Let the Good Times Roll > Big River, Dire Wolf, Peaceful Song > Peggy-O, Althea

Set 2: New Speedway Boogie > He's Gone > Uncle John's Band > Unbroken Chain, Morning Dew, The Wheel*, Not Fade Away*, E: Casey Jones*