Jambands.ca

Best Advice

MamaPink

The little ones spin better.

(My mother says this, but she won't tell me what it means. *ahem*)

If you don't care where you are, you're not lost.

Learn from other people's mistakes: You won't live long enough to make them all on your own.

Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig: You both get dirty, and pig enjoys it.

Don't argue with an idiot--people might not be able to tell the difference.

Knowledge is Power.

Power Corrupts.

Study hard. Be evil.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a personality ... and an obnoxious one, at that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful, I got me a picture of a fella named Bubba on my fridge. One of the best people's you could ever hope to meet. A nice ole hick from the northern Kingston area that was a Deadhead. This guy was the King's shit.

I learned more from him than I will ever know.

He used to tell this story, which was HILARIOUS, of him going to this Queen's U Psychology experiment (yup, they paid him gooooood money), for what?, he didnt know. Anyways, they shaved his head and stuck all these electroids to his skull (I am trying to use his words as best I can), to measure some kind of brain shit. Anyways, he says to the experimentors, "Hey, wouldnt it be cool to do this to someone that was stoned?"

They resoundly answered "OH MY GOSH! WE HAVE BEEN DYING TO DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Well boys, you are now....................."

Best advice he ever gave me?

"Dont buy a sheet of acid, and tuck it into your sock for a couple of hours."

quote:

Originally posted by dave-O:

Is that the Bubba that I know?

If so, how is he?

Yes it is, as a matter of fact. We can discuss this on Saturday (assuming I get enough documentation written to leave work by then ...)

Bubba has some great lines [smile]

quote:

Originally posted by Booche:

Beautiful, I got me a picture of a fella named Bubba on my fridge. One of the best people's you could ever hope to meet. A nice ole hick from the northern Kingston area that was a Deadhead. This guy was the King's shit.

Sounds like a character [smile]

Gotta wonder if I ever saw him at Queen's. I think I saw *everybody* when I worked in tech support in the CCS computer sites. (Well, at least they saw *me* ...) Mind you, that was back in the days of coal-powered computers.

Archived