Jambands.ca

Trey+Mike jam with local Tdot band tonight at club!!

Tenenbaum

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whoa, this thread has evolved... :(

basher, you don't need to keep explaining yourself again and again. i know i posted something in the beginning (my bad not realizing party was not ticketed or open) but once you explained, i apologized right away. misunderstanding. why not end of story? i appreciate you trying to get some folks in.

i don't know why people are getting so weird over this. of course some parties are private, and if you're invited well then there's a reason!!!

i really don't care, as i would not have been able to go either way. and in no way am i bitter. i've had my share of parties with those guys.

that promoter due who posted sure is a loser though.

:)

i feel enough time has passed to share...that at one of these parties in the t-dot, a phish member (i wont say which one, as, well lets face it this is gossip, but true gossip) took my friends girlfriend to a park, at which point she performed various acts on him.

pretty sure this happens most everywhere they tour

;)

Yeah, private parties are nifty. I wouldn't get my knickers in a bunch for not being in the know though. Trey and Mike are celebrities and wanted to be at an intimate function where no one would really heckle them. That's probably why Jamioe said there weren't too many 'heads' there. One time I rolled around NYC in a stretch limo with Trey's Yizzle connect. Does that make me better than the proverbial you? No. Does being at the party, whenever it was, make anyone better than the proverbial you. No. So, don't bother taking it that way. Glad ya'll had fun. And I'm glad an undisclosed member of phish received sexual favors from a phan a few years back. Hospitality is key.

wooo hoo was that a good read :o hahahaha

but hey, phorbesie

whoa, this thread has evolved... :(

basher, you don't need to keep explaining yourself again and again. i know i posted something in the beginning (my bad not realizing party was not ticketed or open) but once you explained, i apologized right away. misunderstanding. why not end of story? i appreciate you trying to get some folks in.

- get over yourself - i'm pretty sure it stopped being about you right after your post.

funny though, it adds to the whole "'what the fuck" vibe going on in this thread.

oh ya,. it feels so good!

:o;):P

hey AD do you have my phone number for the morning after call, or should i message you? thanks.

well, he was either referring to me or 'rustle', and i just wanted to clarify that it didn't matter. he posted 3 times and my "quote" was used by several people, so i wanted to make sure he knew that i wasn't complaining at him. but he knows :)

thanks for telling me to 'get over myself'... nice.

hi everyone.....i have been reading the postings going on about the so called privacy party...and i just want to clarify a few things

privacy is just a name....like the wolf said it was started by a guy who loved the band and wanted to do something cool for them...there is no cover and booths with bootle service were avaiable by reservation at your own expense.

for this years party the "guestlist" was spread by word of mouth. if you didn't get on then it sucks cause you missed a great party but it certainly wasn't cause your not cool enough...friends were telling friends and others about the party and all that had to be done was your email address had to get back to the hosts crew..in fact i can personally tell you that no names were removed from the list but they had to come by referral. i cannot belive that this is the first time people have missed out on something cool that happened locally for one reason or another.

what kind of party would it have been if it was posted on the web...it would have been huge and uncontrollable and the band probably would not have wanted to come, they want to chill out and relax

the wolf words were a little harsh but he's just annoyed for getting slagged about something he was really excited to do and worked really hard at. the bar was happy for the business, the crowd was a good size and everyone enjoyed themselves.

As for trey giving him a little shout out at the show, i doubt it was to "throw it in your face" it was i'm sure a greatly appreacited moment by the wolf for his hard work and i know everyone including the band(s) had a really great time.

so....hopefully everyone who made the show on tuesday i hop you had a great time.

the guy who threw the party has been in the phish circle for years. we used to be in a band together in grade 9 (we opened for 10 Turtles Named Neil, anyone remember those guys?)

Those are my old friends! I hung out with those guys daily. I wonder if we know each other Tenenbaum.

BTW: In case you're curious, the band name comes from one of the members, Chris, who actually did have ten turtles named Neil.

The only sucky part of this whole thing was that I was in Toronto for this rare event, and I was to ill to join in on the fun.

Now if the Sisters Euclid were playing at the Orbit as well, I would have been completely screwed having to choose between 2 great events on a Monday...despite being ill.

I don't think it's fair for people to get all pissed about this at the organizers or Trey. Actually interpretting Trey thanking the organizers as "throwing it in my face", is really ridiculous. No one got screwed over here.

is dehydration that common?

I think I was close, thinking back to Phish, Oswego, but all I did in the day was drink water and it wasn't enough. I bet if I knew the gatorade trick, I would have been better off in the day.

well maybe if, when you played soccer as a kid, you did something other than sit on the pitch picking dandelions you might have learned that tidbit :P