Jambands.ca

moe.down7 line up is so bad.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dimafack,

what do you know about the artists playing? Don't you trust moe? When have they picked BAD bands?

Yeah, those guys in the band are pretty directly involved in picking out the bands. In fact, I think they are the primary people who pick them out.

also,

the reason i say its crap is its typical and unintresting...

sure 3 guys from phish are there...but big deal...

the beer tent roster this year is crap...U-melt is filth...i can shit a better go no where "we're a jamband" band.

this is a line up that i would never do, EVER, if it wasn't moe.down and it wasn't 6 sets of moe. in that magical enviorment.

a good line up for example is CAMP BISCO...if i had the resources, i would do this festival, and i don't even like tDB, but that line up is just stellar, the best small festival line up i've ever seen....

I just saw U-Melt at 10K and they blew me away...I am really looking forward to seeing em

And NW is right, Grace Potter is the shit!!!!!

The lineup might not be as totally amazing as previous years but it's still pretty good and we're gonna get our moe. fill so it really doesn't matter who else is playing...frankly, if there are more bands I don't care about seeing it just means more time to RAGE!!!!

"if there are more bands I don't care about seeing it just means more time to RAGE!!!! "

what the hell does that even mean.

whats the matter with you?

its just frustrating to me, that the biscuits a band that is younger/smaller and has been throwing festivals for less time can bring this line up to the table (and camp bisco draws half as many people)...and moe. has to put together a bunch of filth...now i'm not saying all the acts at moe.down are filth...but the line up as a whole, is filth...any none moe. fan would shit all over this line up..its pathetic.

CAMP BISCO:

The Roots: huge, international hip hop act, that has videos, mainstream appeal, but is still concious hip hop. The Roots sold out 2 nights at The KOOL HAUS in toronto... a venue that is way too big for moe. THIS ACT IS BIGGER THAN THE BISCUITS

Thievory Corporation: one of the biggest name is Bassafunk/dub electronica. countless albums with huge names, access to the coveted "VERVE VAULT"...once again "INTERNATIONAL ACT" THIS ACT IS BIGGER THAN THE BISCUITS.

Shpongle - (Simon Posford) Twisted, UK HOLY SHIT...need i say more? THIS ACT IS BIGGER THAN THE BISCUITS.

Brazilian Girls: once again, up and comming act, one of the biggest surprises at bonnaroo...small act, however NOT A JAMBAND, and not run of the mill...also, INTERNATIONAL. this act will probably be bigger than the biscuits.

The New Deal: not a jamband, trancends genres, huge and incredible.

RJD2: one of hip hop's finest. RJD2 is bigger than the biscuits in many respects.

The Benevento Russo Duo: icing on the cake ...jamband appeal, but at least they are intresting.

Younger Brother (Hallucinogen, Shpongle/Prometheus) HOLY SHIT.

this act is bigger than the biscuits.

and the rest:

and even the smaller acts are inresting....

Perpetual Groove - The Juan Mclean - Lotus - Brothers Past - Pnuma Trio - Mike Myers -local 13/XM RADIO - Adam Deitch Project - Benzos - Psylab - Infradig - Future Rock (Performing the music of Aphex Twin) - Orchard Lounge - Elemental Harmonics - Moonbox - Moving Matter - Japhy Ryder

Guest Low Roller

Hmm... I have to side with Dima on this one, but purely from my musical tastes... However we are dealing with two completely different festivals here, geared at two different crowds... Camp Bisco is a rave festival, moe.down isn't.

i guess what i like about camp bisco their respect for the listeners.

this line up is ECLECTIC, it transends GENRES, SOUNDS, etc.....the majority of the bnads on the roster , big and small, are important, and are important outisde of the NICHE that the biscuits have carved out for themselves....this shows a huge respect for their audience as listeners, and as organizers of a festival....

moe.down's line up, although not all "jammy" ...is very jammy generic...its not intresting, its not with the times.

good point

Although last year you could say that moe.down was somewhat with the times. Matisyahu especially being there. The guy is hugely popular now and played Bonnaroo's second stage this year...

This year moe.down has certain goodness to it for instance, Where else are people going to be able to see this Page/Fish ensemble??

Edited by Guest