Jambands.ca

Alaskalog

PassedOutGuy

After two days of travelling I've finally taken up residence on Halibut Point Rd... Security at the airports was definitely tighter than normal but nothing two serious... i had my bags openned in Toronto and Seattle but was wisked on through at O'Hare... the flight to Sitka AK was nothing but cloud cover but alas i had three seats all to myself... a nice change from the fat smelly dude that was taking up part of my seat on the 4 hr flight to Seattle... Once the plane decended through the cloud cover it was as if I was in another world... heaven on earth! Met Mellie at the airport to the biggest hug in the world and PoG is a happy guy... i may come home... will update that thought later... so now with all the time changes and lack of sleep im about to have a Caesar to start my day... should be interesting... film at 11

Edited by Guest

Alaskalog 8/13/06

Note to self... don't drink to much the night before you go on a 7 am fishing charter into the pacific ocean... if you have never experienced sea sickness i really dont recommend it... holy shit did i feel bad... chucked over the side of the boat and was down for 2 hrs... i did catch the first salmon and mind you it was a pink that we used for bait for halibut.. managed to catch a sweet red snapper that we are eating for dinner tonight... big catch of the day went to our skipper Mitch with a nice cohoe!

Well im back on solid land now after a great ride home and about to chill down for a few hours... Alaska is freakin beautiful!

8/14/06

A relaxing day was deffinitely needed... seeing the pink salmon running at Stargavin was incredible... when i figure out putting pics up here i will definitely share... im talking thousands of salmon jumping all over the place... absolutely serine (sp?)...

I have eaten nothing but seafood since I arrived and it is beyond description how fresh it is... tonight is Salmon wellington made with the cohoe caught yesterday... My Mellie sure does now her way around seafood... i think i might have to keep her around... onto day 4!!! this is absolutely a dream!

Bobbo freeze some of that or any more fish you might catch. We can have a fish supper when you get back. If you freeze it, wrap it tight and bury it in your luggage it shouldnt be any problem. Artic Char filets would be fantastic too!!

I can see it now...Artic Char en papiottes

yes it is brother! more pics to come... im planning on spending tomorrow out investigating the landscape some more... there is a bear problem right now which makes it a wee bit harder... apparently with the very wet weather the berries havent come out this year and belive it or not after seeing the pics there is a salmon shortage as well so that equation equals very hungry bears!

Waking up with a hangover this morning... my Mellie got me drunk at her work last night... i will say her bar has some of the best music ive heard anywhere! ( my collection in the cd player certainly helps)... now its time to motivate my ass to take a drive while she's at work... im thinking its a sweet oblivion kinda night tonight! I really dont wanna go home... MOBE, you might have to mail me the Bitten!