Jambands.ca

Don't Steal from the Staff Fridge

Sunshine

1st, the staff fridge is a public place for the staff to keep stuff. the same way you wouldn't leave your knapsack laying in the hall at school. if other people have access to it, chances are that someone will do something. thats life. if you want your water or lunch to be safe then don't give people access to it. its that simple.

if people are stealing from the fridge then you should take to your boss, and ask them to do something about it. set up a camera or something, but you don't have to jeopardize the heath of someone who isn't smart enough to buy there own drinks. if you care about the dollar so much then have your boss contact the police.

and i've seen many law cases where the victim was taken to court by the perpetrator and won.

look at cases where someone broke into a house and the owner injured them and they sued. i've seen cases of car thief getting injured by security systems and suing the car owner.

the person who's water it is has the right to protect there property, but not to the point where it can cause injury to the perpetrator.

thats what bosses / the police are for

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

visine in the water would have doen the trick too! :D

haha! funny you should say this.. we pulled this on a coworker this past weekend.. i swear he was in the bathroom every fifteen minutes for the rest of the day.. and instead of mayo we put sunscreen on his sub.. hahaahah.

visine in the water most definately works!

And what did he do to deserve this?

I was talking to a old head on another board. He had his Patchy Hoodie stolen from gotv. It had patchs on it that he had gatherd over the years.. I saw a picture of it... it had some Really Nice Old Authentic Dead patchs on it. If you would like to Keep your eye's open for it you can see a pic on ratdog.org...

Ohh AND ANOTHER POINT... im going to dig it up and repost it in another thread.

Theives Are At the Bottom of the Feed Chain.

not one bit. i just think that is ridiculous that some one would go out of there way to do that, and on top of it, that someone else thought it was so cool, they felt obligated to post it on here and almost brag about the "clients" actions.

i think it goes to show alot about or society and how people need to lean to interact better. instead of doing things to try and hurt people who wrong us we should, act like adults and make responsible decisions.

going out of you way to try and make people sick is just wrong no matter how you look at it.

not that stealing is ok, either. but maybe there is a reason the person keeps taking the water. maybe they can't afford water. or maybe they just don't care.

at the next festival. I'll leave a cooler out full of beer by the stage with my name on it, I guaranty the next day it will be empty, if its even still there

also, why not just write your name on the bottle with marker, and then walk around and see who is drinking it?

Edited by Guest

its in no way different. the fridge at work is the staff's fridge, for the staff to access. a cooler with my name on it is clearly my cooler, so anyone drinking beer from it would be more of a thief then anyone stealing a bottle of water from the staff fridge.

the crime would in fact be greater, because the beer cost more then a water

its in no way different. the fridge at work is the staff's fridge, for the staff to access. a cooler with my name on it is clearly my cooler, so anyone drinking beer from it would be more of a thief then anyone stealing a bottle of water from the staff fridge.

the crime would in fact be greater, because the beer cost more then a water

nope. Leaving your cooler by the side of a stage at a public event is practically an invitation to steal. Putting your lunch away in a private work environment is different. It is totally different.

thanks booche. i guess some people don't understand that theft is theft.

...and thats why you never leave your beer out at a fest!!!

one more thing, the police say that like 75% of theft happens because of opportunity. and the theft wasn't out looking to steal something, until the came across the opportunity

Edited by Guest

I understand that theft is theft. I just think that if you leave your cooler full of beer next to a stage that is being passed by hundreds of people you may or may not know, you're pretty dumb because you just should KNOW that people will help themselves to it.

I don't see how that is at all like coming into your workplace, the one you go to everyday, and having someone consistently take your water from you.

There's a level of implied trust at a workplace that doesn't apply to a public event.

visine in the water would have doen the trick too! :D

haha! funny you should say this.. we pulled this on a coworker this past weekend.. i swear he was in the bathroom every fifteen minutes for the rest of the day.. and instead of mayo we put sunscreen on his sub.. hahaahah.

visine in the water most definately works!

And what did he do to deserve this?

well, i wouldn't say he deserved the visine, that came from my one coworker who is notorious for taking things too far (he once electrocuted me.. i even cried, he also once tased his own leg).. but the victim in the end began by dumping water all over my other coworker's pants so it looked like he pissed himself. poor eliott couldn't change as his clothes are in the hotel about an hour's drive away.. and in walks mary hart and her husband with questions about a car. i have it all on video.. it was bloody fucking funny.

but you don't have to jeopardize the heath of someone who isn't smart enough to buy there own drinks

LOL! bwah. the person saw notes on the water on previous days saying 'stop stealing my water'. is this person also too stupid to read?

the person who's water it is has the right to protect there property

do i not have the right to drink toilet water myself? if i want to fill up my personal, private bottle of water with toilet water, is that not my right?

THIEVES SUCK.

in the office where i work there are easily more people on any given day then i have ever seen at a festival in ontario, or canada. i think the company i work for employees about 5000 people in this offices alone, i think there are maybe 5 lunch rooms with fridges

even small offices have more then 500 people working there, that could easiley all have to shard one luch area.

Edited by Guest