Jambands.ca

Don't Steal from the Staff Fridge

Sunshine

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but you don't have to jeopardize the heath of someone who isn't smart enough to buy there own drinks

LOL! bwah. the person saw notes on the water on previous days saying 'stop stealing my water'. is this person also too stupid to read?

the person who's water it is has the right to protect there property

do i not have the right to drink toilet water myself? if i want to fill up my personal' date=' private bottle of water with toilet water, is that not my right?

THIEVES SUCK.

[/quote']

yeah the persons intention wasn't to drink the toilet water them self. they were clearly intending for the thief to drink the water and potentially get sick

First, I would like to add this lady is not a friend of mine. She is a client in my building.

Secondly, I would like to add this lady is on heavy medication and needs a certain amount of water a day for her meds. She has very little money, and brings the proper amount of water to work with her.

I don't give a fuck what reason's you have - YOU DO NOT STEAL FROM SOMEONE!

There's a level of implied trust at a workplace that doesn't apply to a public event.

That's your 'rose-coloured glasses' problem. EVERY job I have ever had has seen its fair share of robbery.

accuse me of rose-coloured glasses all you want, Gumby, it doesn't challenge my basic premise.

Secondly, I would like to add this lady is on heavy medication and needs a certain amount of water a day for her meds. She has very little money, and brings the proper amount of water to work with her.

Could she have kept the water in bottles at her desk? Or filled bottles/glasses of water from the sink in the bathroom?

Aloha,

Brad

The point is....why should people have to secretly store things when there's a fridge for them to use. People who steal need to be taught a lesson!!!

If someone can not take the hint after someone asking them not to take their shit then that's there own fucking fault.

Yeah, but it's not her fridge............

EDIT:

Where the hell is STNMTN? Probably on his way to Ontario. Someone has to PM him this topic.

Edited by Guest
I am going to whipe an office donut with my ass and put it back in the staff room. I hope one of the co-workers I despise eats it.

No, the point is that people who willingly decide to put someones health at risk deserve a serious reprimand from their boss because alternate avenues that could have been attempted.

i'd say the case would fall flat on it's ass should the thief actually get sick from toilet water (which i doubt he will, toilet water is the same bloody water that comes out of the tap) and decide to sue. fact is, the bottle of water was hers to begin with. she filled it up with toilet water, sure to fool a thief in her own mind, but as there is no way to PROVE that in a few short hours a thief would walk into the kitchen to steal her bottle of water, she'd be scot-friggin-free. she'd just be a weird girl who prefers freshly flushed water to that from a brita.

i actually commend whoever this lady is for her ingenuity. i probably would have done far worse than this to someone stealing from me.

if some some weird reason the person ended up dying directly because of the water that would be pre meditated manslaughter

only in America.

as there is no such thing! pre-meditation immediately bumps that shit into the murder in the first category. therein i would think that it would fall upon the defence to prove that the girl didn't intend to actually kill... which would then drop it down to the second degree.

Edited by Guest

"Roberts also collected ice from soda fountains inside the five fast food restaurants. She also asked for cups of ice at the same restaurant's drive thru windows.

She tested the samples at a lab at the Moffitt Cancer Center where she volunteers with a USF professor. Roberts says the results did not surprise her.

Jasmine Roberts:

"I found that 70-percent of the time, the ice from the fast food restaurant's contain more bacteria than the fast food restaurant's toilet water."

No' date=' the point is that people who willingly decide to put someones health at risk deserve a serious reprimand from their boss because alternate avenues that could have been attempted.[/quote']

i'd say the case would fall flat on it's ass should the thief actually get sick from toilet water (which i doubt he will, toilet water is the same bloody water that comes out of the tap) and decide to sue.

While the water in the toilet may be the same, there will likely be other stuff (e.g., bacteria, residue from cleaning products, etc.) in the bowl that the water may pick up.

fact is, the bottle of water was hers to begin with. she filled it up with toilet water, sure to fool a thief in her own mind, but as there is no way to PROVE that in a few short hours a thief would walk into the kitchen to steal her bottle of water, she'd be scot-friggin-free. she'd just be a weird girl who prefers freshly flushed water to that from a brita.

She reasonably expected the bottle to be stolen, and filled it with water that (I can't believe) she herself wouldn't have consumed (if it hadn't been stolen).

And again: if she didn't want the thief to get sick, why didn't she just use the note the next day, with water bottles filled from the tap? It would induce the same fear and regret in the thief, without putting anyone's health at risk.

Aloha,

Brad

you can't prove something that is yet to happen. just because something happened day 1 and day 2 does not mean it will happen on day 3. it really holds no legal weight.

as for toilet bowl water being dangerous, i have two little doggies at home who have seemed to make it out ok, considering they're now going fourteen years strong on toilet bowl water. they actually prefer it to the brita water in their dishes!!