Jambands.ca

Don't Steal from the Staff Fridge

Sunshine

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does it matter if something cost less than a dollar? If a bottle of water is stolen every day for a month that's $30.00, that's my monthly internet payment and I'd certainly be pissed if that went missing.

Stealing is stealing as far as I'm concerned. It's a lack of regard for someone else's belongings and a selfishness in thinking they are owed something.

the point is that the retalation out weighs the crime. thats like someone eating my gum and me kicking them in the nuts.

if the person cares so much about there water then they shouldn't leave it where others have access to it. its that simple.

and i'm sorry if 30 bucks is that important to you. come by some time, i'll buy you a 24 of water

"don't leave it where the theives have access"

it was in the fridge...where you want your drinks to stay cold till your ready to drink it!!!

I think whoever is stealing it totally deserves this or worse!!!

Edited by Guest

visine in the water would have doen the trick too! :D

haha! funny you should say this.. we pulled this on a coworker this past weekend.. i swear he was in the bathroom every fifteen minutes for the rest of the day.. and instead of mayo we put sunscreen on his sub.. hahaahah.

visine in the water most definately works!

thats fine, i agree stealing sucks, but some times its the persons responsibility to protect then selves from thieves, and that doesn't include going out of there way to potentially harm the thief.

imagine how it would look in court if the person who stole the water was suing the the person who put toilet water in the bottle for making them sick.

i could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the the person who got sick from the water would win in a second

Edited by Guest

another thing Jared, think about the logic here. On the one hand you could say it is wrong to mete out such a potentially harsh punishment over the theft of something that is only a dollar. Well, that is precisely the point. IT ONLY COSTS A DOLLAR!

Someone, in that office, has decided that someone else should pay the dollar for their afternoon beverage. Theft is always infuriating, particularly when it is so petty, and it seems, consistent.

"if you don't want you water getting stolen don't keep in in a fridge that others has access to. try getting one of those cooler lunch boxes or something."

Why on earth should someone not be able to put something in the staff fridge, or buy a lock, or such like? That's bizarre logic and it puts the thief in a position for sympathy, which is insane.

If I was a judge I'd laugh at the thief, tell him not to steal and kick him out of court.

so now you can't put anything in the staff fridge? whats it there for? for people to just steal things out of?

sounds to me like someone has stolen out of a staff fridge before.

Edited by Guest

Let's assume for the moment that the thief drank the water, got really sick because of it (e.g., e. coli infection), and sued.

The thing to realize here is that the person whose water bottles were stolen intended to make the thief sick (or at least did it knowing it was possible), and I suspect that's what the law will consider in such a case. The water bottles' owner could easily have done other things to the water, such as adding a lot of salt or other flavourings to make the thief wish he hadn't stolen the water, things which would not have made the thief sick. (The "guess which one!" trick would function the same way.)

Aloha,

Brad