Jambands.ca

Bad service at a Mississauga restaurant

Freak By Night

• 2 weeks later...

maybe this can be the 'bad restaurant' thread.

pretty sure i got food poisoning 2 nights ago from the sushi at Ichibei on Bank st. i'm pretty sure cuz 16 hours later i was very ill in the tummy/intestines for a day or so (getting better today). the hamachi did taste a little less fresh than i would have liked. 40$ for a small amount of mediocre sushi. so frustrating.

the sushi search continues.

I'd like to advise everyone to NOT eat at the Mandarin Chinese Buffet in Mississauga. My brother and his friend had a bad experience there and were insulted and man-handled by the manager.

We're bringing this place down.

ah.... the Mandarin! I have a lovely story about that, one that I picked up in my Culinary classes a couple of years back.

I don't know if the case is settled or still active or what, but let it be known a lawsuit was filed against the Mandarin concerning an incident at one of their Burlington locations.

A woman accompanies her friends but doesn't want the buffet. She is a vegetarian and just kind of tagging along, so she orders an a la carte dish off the menu. It comes out, it has chicken on it. She sends it back. Out it comes again, this time with pork in it. She sends it back again, frustration growing all around. Out comes the vegetarian dish. She eats half, and takes the rest home for the next day's lunch.

She awakes the next morning and heaves up the previous nights' dinner. She has blistering hives all around her mouth and constricting her throat. Off she goes to her doctor, who calls for the leftover food to be sent for analysis for allergic reactions. Soon enough, the results come back and the sad revenge of a disgruntled kitchen worker, frustrated with having to re-do the dish, is revealed:

the woman has an allergic reaction to the oral ingestion of semen.