Jambands.ca

The John Henrys CD release!

the john henrys

cd2.jpg

Just a reminded of The John Henrys CD release show on Saturday Sept 16th at Babylon.

The final line-up is confirmed:

ACT ONE

The John Henrys have selected some of their favorite tunes from local songwriters and will be the backing band to the artist. The lineup is as follows:

Steve Fai (Blackboot Trio)

Bryan Curry ( a tribute to South of 78 in his final appearance in ottawa )

Jody Benjamin ( Ball and Chain )

Slo Tom

Casey Comeau ( and the halfmilers )

ACT TWO:

The John Henrys will play songs off their new recording 'Sweet as the Grain' as well as other favorites.

Hope to see you there. Show starts at ten and is $10 at the door.

Edited by Guest

Looks like Ottawa's got some major action going down in the Maverick's Building on this night.

If you're shying away from the show upstairs at Dekuf because you're not into paying 2 covers, we the Dekuf crowd understand, so please PM me and we'll figure something out OK.

We'd like to see your faces even for just a brief moment.

Cheers and congrats to the John Henry's on their CD.

Deeps

Yikes .... my bad....I'm an out of towner....well I guess we're all just [color:purple]completely screwed :blush:

You guys had a great turn out at Mavericks that last time, i thought! Never underestimate the drawing power of bradM- The man is a bonafied celebrity.

Have you emailed to Lure guys to remind them to come out?! They have a large posse of friends too.

Yikes .... my bad....I'm an out of towner....well I guess we're all just [color:purple]completely screwed :blush:

You guys had a great turn out at Mavericks that last time' date=' i thought! Never underestimate the drawing power of bradM- The man is a bonafied celebrity.

Have you emailed to Lure guys to remind them to come out?! They have a large posse of friends too.[/quote']

Heh heh.

I wrote it in purple...I think we'll have a great time. Would have been nice to have some more skanks on board though...they make for a rowdy crowd.

Deeps

The new cd is utterly wonderful. Every single track is pure gold. What an achievement, congrats to the band for putting together such a gem.

And yes, we were literally dancing around the kitchen last night listening to the new disc.

I must get this new record, but I can't be at Babylon on Saturday. Is anyone willing/able to be first at Babylon and then later at Dekcuf, as well as buy and bring me a copy (for which a reimbursement will gladly be made)?

Aloha,

Brad

Yup. That first set was fantastic and I am glad to have got there early enough to see it. I wish the last dude had performed earlier in the set because he was my least favourite. The broad in the cowboy outfit that said she was the reincarnation of Hank Williams certainly brought the honkey-tonk out of the John Henrys.

I loved Steve Fai as well, provided he was the dude in the blazer.

had a few listens last night and danced around like fools. wow!

:)

And yes, we were literally dancing around the kitchen last night listening to the new disc.

you two... just a couple of crazy kids :crazy: :P :crazy:

i agree - the album is great! i love this band like crazy :)

but velvet, why don't you get off the internet and return a phonecall? i wanna rock! :cool: