Jambands.ca

Wanted: one bass player

Dr. J

Any bass players looking to join a touring rock band?

Check here.

I must confess I haven't seen the band or heard them other than what's on their myspace. Maybe some Ottawa folk know them. I'm aware of them only because 2 of the guys were students at the school where I worked and I bump into them occasionally. Not sure if it's still open.

hmmmmmm maybe i should re-phrase my question:

Any bass players looking to join a touring rock band that sucks, but has heavy industry backing :P

Funny how those two things often go together.

The fact that they are an Ottawa-based band that bradm has never heard of causes me much concern as well :)

They have been pluggin away for like 10 years. The singer used to be much more overweight with short hair, his cheeks were also much rosier. virginal.

He was known for wearing a tie on stage, and sometimes, tying it to his head! (for real)

They are horrendous- in terms of music. However, they are magicians- in terms of exagerration.

"Discovered by Casey Casem" probably means, he probably 'Discovered' them sleeping under his car or something and brought them inside for a cup of coffee, while he called the police.

"Discovered by Casey Casem" probably means, he probably 'Discovered' them sleeping under his car or something and brought them inside for a cup of coffee, while he called the police.

With all due respect, Dr. J, I believe THIS to be the line of the day.

Discovered by Casey Casem? Did I miss something here? Is Casey Casem known for having his finger on the pulse of youth rock tastes?

Didn't he fucking voice Scooby Doo?

I should mention, though, that the gig is enticing to the sell-out in me. They list the Crowes in their influences...maybe there's hope for them yet.

Edited by Guest