Jambands.ca

BLOWING UP THE BURT NEILSON BAND 10 YR: PHOTO RETROSPECTIVE

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good memories. I always carry that grudge with me about how jambands or 'jambands' or whatever don't get the due they deserve. Fuck how many times has Burt toured Canada- in trips around the world what is that? It just sucks because it's not like the guys in K-OS' band or any of the music industry guys they know (Snakes, Constantines, BSS etc.) think of it in those terms that I know of.

I had a conversation just like this with Jeff Peers formerly of Cuff The Duke who is a really snide and abrasive guy with massive heart (and HATES jambands). He just sort of turned to me and said 'you don't have to worry about Burt Neilson Band' or something like that. I think he was speaking from his experience travelling the country, seeing write ups in local outlets, sensing the presence they have and saying basically these guys are doing just fine thank you very much. It was touching coming from him.

Thanks for the pics Jeff, what an amazing party that was!

hands down that had to be the best/messiest after parties I've ever been to.

check list of stupid thing

1) throwing Phil off second story balcony

2) thinking i could save him

3) jumping over 6 foot fence head first

i could go on and on.....

OH! jumping on the bed and knocking my self out

all i can say is thank you boys. That is a night i will never remember.

Edited by Guest

That Kingston after party was epic....Friendly elbowing Phil off the balcony, and then him going over the fence head first was one of the funniest things I have EVER seen!!! Some of my other memories of that night were having to pick M off the floor and put her to bed (yes she does sleep some times) and then her comming into the Denny's attached to the hotel in her costume and no shoes the next morning!!!!

I seem to recall dosing most of the folks at the hotel that night. And standing on the balcony watching Friendly fall 5 feet onto his back.... and OH! the scream he let out when he hit the ground... bone chilling. $400 damage to the hotel rooms that night... eeek! I got about two minutes of sleep before we got kicked out. Good thing I also drank 3 HUGE bottles of cheap cheap champagne start the night off.

Here's a shot of our crappy costumes for first set before we put on our 80's garb.

273185549_fc94704e32.jpg