Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally missed the entire game tonight (swore in front of my wife a few times while we were out, thank God she is cool) but caught tiny highlights at Absolute Comedy.

All I can add is that I am happy to see Ryder score. That's killer and it dont matter if it was a shite one, not that I saw it.

Guest Low Roller

I missed both games this week-end. I hear it's a tale of two teams... I wonder which team will show up next?

And that fucker Stuart goes after Kostitsyn? He's not a fighter by any means. Kostopoulos showed that Stuart asswipe who's boss though.

I heard that the first line was clicking just fine... that's awesome! It's about time.

From the stats it looks like Chipchura has become one of the top penalty killers on the team...

You've experienced one of the most intense rivalries - Montreal vs. Toronto - from both sides and also as a coach. What do you think makes it so special and is there one moment that stands out in your mind?

I think history and geographically, and the fact that people from Toronto can easily whip down the 401 and you see it that way, and vice versa for people from Montreal. You're getting a good group of visiting fans coming to both rinks, so it creates a great excitement. It is a national rivalry, so you get fans across the country rooting for one or the other. I would say probably my favourite Montreal-Toronto memory would be actually not playing them, but them losing out in Game 7 (of the Western final in 1993) so we could listen to them whine about not playing us in the Stanley Cup finals.

I would say probably my favourite Montreal-Toronto memory would be actually not playing them, but them losing out in Game 7 (of the Western final in 1993) so we could listen to them whine about not playing us in the Stanley Cup finals.

They still do Kirk...

They still do

It was a shame that year. I'll always lament the fact that they didn't get to play one another in the final. Mainly because both teams were good at that point, and it was the last time that it was possible for the two to faceoff in the Cup final (unless they realign the league again and put Toronto in the West).

Kirk Muller rocks. Love seeing him involved behind the bench now too. Man was he ready to go on Saturday night or what?

He's still gotta have a better on-ice memory of the Rivalry though, come on Kirk.

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller

I live in a dreamworld where Habs can do no wrong.

Kostopoulos is not playing tonight because it's his turn to read to the poor children at the local orphanage. That's it.