Jambands.ca

Stuck in Buffalo

afro poppa

Looks like there will be a decision around 6pm whether they'll be allowed to play or not. Here are some posts that just went up:

tafkaltlg

Posted: 10/13/06 4:31PM ET

news update---just heard that the buffalo police chief shut us down...

no 'mass gatherings' are being allowed. They say its not safe for anyone to be on the roads...

I'll post if I hear anything else..

Member since: [ignore user] [report to moderator] IP Address: logged

TurdMcFurden

Posted: 10/13/06 4:31PM ET

ok just called, said the show will take place if the city lifts the driving ban, press conference on at 6pm with mayor, county exec will make that call.

hey afro poppa, thanks for your on the scene reports yesterday. i have a feeling your post ended up dissuading a few people from making the insane, and by all accounts dangerous, trip down. sorry that you got stuck there in all of that.

and as for it being Friday the 13th ... our cat got sprayed by a skunk just after we got home. yesterday was a long strange day.

Well now that Im home and back to work I have to comment on this crazy experience... waited a couple of months to see my girl again and she flies in from Alaska... whats the first thing she gets? rain... nothing shes not used to but obviously she was hoping for some warmer, sunny weather... so about 2 months ago I email the band telling them how she's flying in from AK and im heading down from Toronto and was wondering if there was any way they could tease or play our song Do You Realize by the Flaming lips... well after joking about it at set break and thinking of a sign to make up the second night they walk on stage and open set two with Yoshimi... we couldnt have been happier than pigs in shit at that moment... the first night had its highlights and was a good but not great moe. show which brings us to day 2...

Look outside the hotel window in the early afternoon to find what... its snowing... oh so lightly and small flakes what a treat this early fall day... or so me thinks... then a few hours later, all hell breaks loose... we manage to get to a restaurant for some dinner before heading back for some pre drinks at the hotel... by the time we are ready to head to the show there was easily a foot of snow on the ground, wet snow at that and here i am with a choice of birks or chuck taylors for my feet... make it over to the show get inside, get warm, grab a drink and the band walks out with Rob exclaiming... Its Snowing... Its fucking snowing!! Let the record show its October 12th...What a treat the second night turned out to be... absolutely a killer show... obviously there was something missing with Al not playing guitar but the setlist was kickin me in the face all night... show ends and back out into hell...

Day 3... Nothing at all going on in this crazy city... we tried to go out for a quick walk to find some food but nothing anywhere was open... turned out to be a day of 12.99 in room movies and running out of beer.. at least until the pizza place that was open later in the evening was able to deliver some over... thank you Prima Pizza... we owe you huge! Woke up the next day to the snow almost melted away in downtown Buffalo but the craziness had just begun for the city and surrounding areas... its a shame that many, hundreds of thousands still have no power 5 days later... all in all it was one crazy experience and a big thank you to moe. for creating the grooves to move... if you made it this far thanks for reading my ramble... I can't wait for snoe.down!

nope no go... she went out as planned... apparently they gave her some BS that all the flights to Sitka were completely booked the next two days... yet when she got there her plane was half empty... Good to see you there too bro... its too bad you werent able to catch the next night... that was the shit... we'll se you around sometime...