Jambands.ca

Dylan @ ACC: Who's goin'?

Kanada Kev

Tomorrow night is the show. Anyone else here going? I'm heading down with a couple of buddies. Gonna be grabbin' some beers and pre-show party favours somewhere in the vicinity. Anyone else up for it?

Setlists have been looking pretty sweet as of late. London, ON especially!

London, Ontario

John Labatt Centre

November 3, 2006

1. Maggie's Farm

2. She Belongs To Me

3. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum

4. Girl Of The North Country

5. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)

6. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)

7. Not Dark Yet

8. Rollin' And Tumblin'

9. Masters Of War

10. Desolation Row

11. Highway 61 Revisited

12. Nettie Moore

13. Summer Days

(encore)

14. Thunder On The Mountain

15. Like A Rolling Stone

16. All Along The Watchtower

Ottawa, Ontario

Scotiabank Place

November 5, 2006

1. Maggie's Farm

2. She Belongs To Me

3. Watching The River Flow

4. Just Like A Woman

5. Highway 61 Revisited

6. Ballad Of A Thin Man

7. Rollin' And Tumblin'

8. Simple Twist Of Fate

9. High Water (For Charley Patton)

10. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)

11. Tangled Up In Blue

12. Nettie Moore

13. Summer Days

(encore)

14. Thunder On The Mountain

15. Like A Rolling Stone

16. All Along The Watchtower

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Setlists have been looking pretty sweet as of late. London, ON especially!

I was in London and at the show. The setlist was great! Unfortunately, the performance left a little to be desired. Actually, it left quite a bit to be desired. He just doesn't sound good. The new album is great and the new songs came off pretty good but the old songs made me want to hang myself.

We were there Friday night as well. I enjoyed it. We were at the back of the floors doing the hippie shake. I always take my Dylan with a lot of salt, however. It's not something that everyone can stomach.

What really impressed me were the Foo's. Dave Grohl really did his best to put on a show.

Hey Willy I guess we'll see you tomorrow at Los Lobos. Looking forward to that one as well.

I was in London and at the show. The setlist was great! Unfortunately, the performance left a little to be desired. Actually, it left quite a bit to be desired. He just doesn't sound good. The new album is great and the new songs came off pretty good but the old songs made me want to hang myself.

Thanks for the honest review. I can totally understand where you are coming from. The shows really can be hit or miss. I've found that the last decade has provided for many more hits than misses though.

I'm really wanting to hear some of the new album. Preferably Workingman Blues #2 ... love that tune.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

what? you arent into $12 beers at ACC? ;)

Man' date=' I get sucked into getting one of those at the show and I always regret it. There's someting about draft beers at big venues ... they wreck me the next day. I wonder if they ever clean the taps/lines?[/quote']

from what i've seen, "clean" and "big venue" wind up in the same sentence by accident only :P

Wow, who can e-mail this torrent file?? I guess I don't have an easytree account anymore. I know I used to.

If you haven't been hooked up, I could help you out, although using DHT on dime doesn't work to my undertsanding. But, I'm not 100% on that. Either way let me know & I'm sure I can work somthing out for you, even if its PM'in you my dime log in.

Cheers and thanks Alabama Man. I managed to sneak a Login @ Dime by checking every now and again throughout the day.

Got the show, it really f*ckin pleases me. Good memories from Friday Night. It will be even sweeter when I pass it on to my boss who finally showed up during Best of You.

Edited by Guest

indeed, excellent choice of opening bands imho (foo fighters)

definately been hit and miss with his performances that I've caught... couple of summers back, he was rippin it right up and blowin my mind but have seen a few shows that made me cringe... seems like when he feels expected to mainly play his way over played material he gets pissed off and takes it out on the performance

I actually loved the first time I saw him at Kingswood in the early/mid-80s when he kept tuning his guitar so it was out of tune with the band, and stormed off the stage after a little over an hour after bashing out his 3rd "Like a Rolling Stone" in an hour

"WOULDN'T YA LIKE TA KNOW!... WHAT IT'D LIKE TO BE ON YOUR OWN!... LIKE A COMPLETE UNKNOWN!..."

was a mostly very yuppie audience sitting on pastel colored blankets with cardigans wrapped around their waists so I enjoyed that... pretty funny... left a lot of people around me grumbling though

personally rather see an quirky, moody genius than someone who can put it on like clockwork anyways

I actually loved the first time I saw him at Kingswood in the early/mid-80s when he kept tuning his guitar so it was out of tune with the band, and stormed off the stage after a little over an hour after bashing out his 3rd "Like a Rolling Stone" in an hour

"WOULDN'T YA LIKE TA KNOW!... WHAT IT'D LIKE TO BE ON YOUR OWN!... LIKE A COMPLETE UNKNOWN!..."

haha, I think you may have been smoking some strange shit that night bro :P

At Kingswood in 89 (only show there in the 80's) he didn't play LRS, I have the AUD recordings if you ever want copies. ;)

Kingswood 89

Kingswood 91

The Kingswood '89 show was horrible. We went mainly to see Steve Earle who opened the show. We couldn't walk out because it was Dylan. But it was real bad. he was still hit and miss back then. I think since the mid '90s he's been mostly hit.

I'll also jump aboard the Foo Fighters bandwagon. I was extremely impressed with this version of the band. Gotta get myself a copy of one of their shows. (been trying to get a dimadozen account for quite some time now, unsuccessfully.) Not sure if I'd feel the same if it was the regular 4 piece version of the band though.

I have to agree with The Mammoth. Kingswood '89 was so terrible that I really did almost walk out. (As it happens, I also agree and couldn't walk out because it was Dylan.)

I promised myself that day, though, that I'd never see him again. I was so pissed off.

I finally changed my mind when he played with Santana about 7 years later or so, but I had missed many Dylan shows by then, and with pleasure. Since the mid-'90's though (I think the Santana show was '96 ... Velvet help me out here?) I've enjoyed every Dylan show I've seen; more or less.

Looking forward to tonight. (I'll be needing a show tonight, as I am on my way into a second day of a hearing at the Court of Appeal, and it is not going well. Dylan ... take me away...)