Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Ferguson to haunt the Leafs for years to come?

There are thirty NHL teams who now know the name of the late-blooming centerman Fabian Brunnstrom of Farjestad in the SEL, nearly all of which are reportedly courting him.

It was only a year ago that there was just a single team considering signing the emerging Swedish youngster - the Toronto Maple Leafs. Leafs' European Scout Thommie Bergman advised the Leafs sign the 22-year-old and suggested head scout Craig Button have a look of his own. Button too supported the idea of offering Brunnstrom an NHL contract. Ferguson elected to hold back a year and monitor Brunnstrom's development as he made his swift ascension to the top level of Swedish hockey.

WIth all the scouts showing up for these Leaf games, it seems to be encouraging them to show that they have at least some talent!

Wooohooo!!! They gotta love what they saw last night. Anybody that the scouts' teams want to make an offer on just keep getting cheaper by the game. Leafs are going to end up getting nothing for this lot.

I didn't invest any time in watching that tripe last night.

I'm happy to see the Habs are making their drive for first place (and they're gonna get it since the Sens are playing so well right now).

Yup, screw the talk about players giving up on a coach. Maurice should fucking give up on the players. Let them fend for themselves, or bench them to give some of the young guys more ice time.

Call up the Marlies to play a game ... make a point ... turn around to the fans and say "I'm Sorry that these fuckwads on the bench can't seem to play for their pay."

What a game, what an embarassment! Kev, you are absolutely right about Maurice, he should sit some of these assholes down and bring up a few more Marlies. The best line last night was the 4th line. They were hitting and actually had a little punch. I have never been to such a terrible game and been so disappointed. I have not seen a game in over 2 years, so I was excited to go, but that quickly faded.They had absolutely nothing. They can't control the puck or get anything set up, even on the powerplay. 8-0 in front of your home fans. Horrible. And then they bring f*ckin Raycroft in and he almost gives up a goal on his first shot. What a terrible team! What a terrible effort! And after last night's effort, I can not see why some of these f*cks would not waive their no trade clauses to get out of this situation.

Lets remember two things:

1 - Brian Burke speaks very highly of JFJ.

2 - His track record in Toronto doesnt look too good but how much of it was his track record? JFJ wasnt given the freedom to do the job required.

"There is ample belief inside the hockey industry that the Leafs stole one of hockey's brightest young execs when they hired him away from the St. Louis Blues in August 2003."

Oh yeah, and he's a scout now. For those in the know, Kent Hawley is a scout for the Leafs.

ain't no time to hate . . .

Bizarre, last 3 games for the Leafs result in beating 2 of the best in the East (Montreal and Ottawa) and losing brutally to one of the worst (Florida).

They won't make the playoffs, but look for the Leafs to be one of those pesky spoiler teams when it comes to those going for position in the playoffs.

Go Flames Go.

Edited by Guest