Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about these apples?

Steve Simmons from the Toronto Sun, reported that a deal was in place for Sundin:

Mats Sundin, a Montreal Canadien?

Had Bob Gainey and Cliff Fletcher had their way at the trade deadline, Sundin would now be a member, healthy or not, of the Montreal Canadiens.

The deal was in Sundin's hands: All he had to do was give his blessing to being dealt, which he did not.

The agreed-to trade would have sent speedy winger Christopher Higgins to the Leafs, along with Montreal's first, second and third-round draft picks, in exchange for the captain.

It was the second of two deals Fletcher had all but completed that got nixed by no-trade arrangements in players' contracts.

Fletcher would have been ripped off if he took that deal... What was he thinking??

I was in Arizona over the past week and I saw two Coyotes' games. One against the Ducks that the Coyotes won in a shootout and another against the Canucks where Coyotes won 2-0. The team played great and so did Bryzgalov. Good atmosphere and nice to be able to get tickets on game day. Great seats for $25.

It would not matter anyway? The "leaf's" have had little experience drafting and more importantly KEEPING prospects. If you look to the past can you name any players of extended presence in the NHL? Exceptions include Wendell Clark (No. 1 overall in 1985), Jason Smith (WHL Bill Hunter Trophy winner, WCHC winner in 1993, Captain of Albany River Rats (Calder Cup Champions) 1995, Longest standing Oilers Captain in several years...subsequently traded to Edmonton for....hmmm....what turned out to be Jonathon Zion (4th round in '99) and Kris Vernarsky (2nd round in '00)), Antropov, Steen ( although (he has "something"), Rask? Leaf-land...I wish you well