Jambands.ca

PITTSBURGH!!!! Holy COW!

zimmerman pt3

ok, I know that setlists only tell half the story, but has anyone seen tonight's setlist in Pittsburgh! This would of been my dream show! The only 2 songs I've always wanted to hear when I first got into Phish were Brother and Daniel (saw the stone) and they throw it down in one show.

Robbae, if you're reading this, YOU are one headee lucky guy! You've scored too many headee points, you have ophishly dethroned me.

Damn I wish I was at that show!

Set 1: Daniel Saw the Stone, Camel Walk, Gotta Jibboo, Cool it Down, Scent of a Mule, Fee > Timber > When the Circus Comes to Town, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, Golgi Apparatus

Set 2: Crosseyed and Painless > Thunderhead, Brother, Harpua > Bittersweet Motel, I Fooled Around and Fell in Love > HYHU > Harpua, David Bowie

Encore: Farmhouse

I'd love to see IT top this one!

FAWKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

this show is what headee dreams are made of!

I'm dizzy, too much headee goodness in this show.

Who's got my bit-torrent

DAMN

i rad on phish.net that all the tunes in teh first set hadnt been played this summer tour? i dunno about that though i swear i saw somemule and jiboo somewhere else, creek i think

okay so there goes most of my wishlist for it,, fee, harpua, camel walk, timber ho

i have NO clue what there gonna pull out of the bag in maine, i dunno what could top what theyve done so far, even that NC show had some sick sick songs, tube>caspian>2001>fire

talked with a buddy that was there,, said they were on fire,, a big long pause before DWD, trey and mike jumping around and laughing and talking, they trey said that they were really out there, sorry bout the delay or something to that effect, then BOOM disease

anyone else notice how many gamehenge tunes theyre playing this summer? perhaps theyre dusting them off for a full game set? one can only wish

Just got home from Starlake, the best show I have even seen.

I cannot believe I saw Harpua! What an incredible night. Not to mention Harpua, Camel Walk and some great Trey story telling and Fishman giving it his all during!

Cannot wait for IT, leaving on thursday!

Last night, I was thinking how interesting it was the the first set consisted of almost entirely 'bust-out since the hiatus'songs.

So I figured that was the schtick, was off to bed not expecting too much for that second set.

Oh my garsh.....................

Grum and LJFH were in the 15th row for that puppy.

I think someone was jumping in the tub with their brother.

Golgi has definitely been played, and setlists tell far less than half the story. They are just a setlist, but WHAT a setlist!

Just got back... wow!!! [Eek!]

What a night!!!

Partied like there was no tomorrow... well tomorrow's here... thank you 'ersh for being the driving fiend that you were!!! Got me home just in time for a shower, now at work about to step into a 3 hour meeting where I am presenting... this should be interesting... still dizzy from the musical madness that it was....

Had lawns but was given a ticket to move up to great seats by a stranger 2 seconds before they busted into Crosseyed and Painless... [big Grin]

Heard sooo many songs I wanted to hear... what a wicked night...

Cannot wait for IT !!![smile]

If you are serious, there is nothing close to it in 95, or much of the 90's for that matter.

Although, busting out Unbroken Chain was pretty huge (about as big as you got from them at anytime) that year, but that is one song.

If you arent serious, good one. [Wink]

it's primarily every headee phan's dream to hear some of those songs. Shit, I'd travel MILES just to shake it to a "DANIEL", let alone sacrifice my 1st born to rage to BROTHER ;-)

The setlist comprises of ultra rare tunes that date back to their glory days that are played once every year or so. The fact this show comprised of so many of those tunes, is almost unprecedented (if comparable to the bustouts at the Stuggart/Germany '97 show: Dog Log, Kung, Tube, WMGGW).

Also, any show with a HARPUA is fun because it includes 4 parts, with the middle holding a story narration and a surprise song (usualy a cover song, my 1st one being Champagne Supernova in Philly '96) that compliments the story in some funny way.

So I'm not too sure which Dead-esque setlist show you could compare it to, maybe the Help>Slip>Frank from '83(?)

In regards to Unbroken Chain, I'd compare that to the Destiny Unbound bustout from Naussau last Feb.

What I meant was... can you put this in terms of what the '95 version of the GD would have to play in order to get the same kind of reaction to the setlist. I'm not looking for a setlist that they actually played.

(I didn't pick the current version of The Dead as their setlists are still evolving and have been fairly adventurous.)

I was just using 95 as a baseline for Ollie's point of reference.

"I'd compare that to the Destiny Unbound bustout from Naussau last Feb."

To me, that is more like the Box Of Rain bustout of 86 at Hampton..........although, UGH!

I better end this all right there, so very different.

As for a 95 dead setlist?

Jebas, I gotta work at some point today!

I'll email you with something before the war of words begin on here............damn differing opinions from know-it-all-Deadheads!

[Wink]

Actually Ollie, email me, since I cant see yours.

darkstarotherone@rogers.com

I wont be home til later, but I will be able to think a bit.

Nice signature

I'm not too sure about 95' dead...as it was a pretty weak year.

- unbroken chain

- st.stephen

- lazy lightning --> supp.

- that's it for the other one

any of those would probably get deadheads frothing at the nostrils - the only factor is that 2003 Phish are way more on their game then 95' Dead, I mean Jerry was kinda hurtin' by that point in the game - maybe you could compare it more to the 89' bustout of Darkstar at Hampton, when they played billed as "The Warlocks". I have a copy of that show and the audience goes apeshit!!

Yeah, and Page has polio too, or whatever that stupid rumour is.............

There better be a darn good reason they are calling it IT, and it better not be because that's it.

Maybe its due to them always hearing the POG scream out "Bring it! Bring it!" every 15 seconds during on of their jams.

Archived