Jambands.ca

Curb Your Enthusiasm Appreciation Thread

AdamH

Ok, here goes.

There's no middle ground with this show. Some people don't find it funny, some laugh politely but think "meh". Some people detest Larry's Character and some, like me, hope to one day become Larry David.

I don't know that there's a formula but if so, I think it's one part dialog and one part delivery. Take the Crazy Eyes Killah episode. That whole freestyle is evidently improvised, as is Larry suggestion that there's one too many "fucks" and

"bitch" is a better fit. Or what about the episode where Larry visits the masseuse who asks "would you like me to finish you off?" and proceeds to give him a handjob. His terrified face, combined with "puh puh puh pots...pots...stop!".

Anyway if you're a fan you know what I'm talking about, and you're as excited as I am to know that they're filming a sixth season at the moment that airs in the new year. If you're not a fan you can go fuck yourself you sicko, four-eyed fuck.

Sincerely,

"Bald Asshole"

There's no middle ground with this show. Some people don't find it funny, some laugh politely but think "meh". Some people detest Larry's Character and some, like me, hope to one day become Larry David.

I'm in the latter category too. Although I don't know if it's hope or fear. All that money would be nice.

Just watched seasons 4 & 5 about a month ago and am happy to hear a 6th is in the offing. I thought the 5th season had some true classic episodes, like The Christ Nail and The Seder -- very edgy episode with sex offender humour.

Makes me wonder if Larry David has a different slant on the Michael Richards saga. Has he said anything about it? David sometimes walks the same fine line that Richards tripped over last week.

Krazee-Eyez Killa: So you think you gonna cross me and mess with my shit? Opening your fucking trap and flapping your lip. Don't fuck with me nigga or you gonna get dropped. I'll snap off your neck with a crackle and pop. If you say anything, you'll beg me to die, 'cause I'll make you suck my dick then I'll nut in your eye. I'll stomp on your world as if my name was Godzilla. I'm coming for you mother fucker, I'm your Krazee-Eyez Killa.

Dear Susie,

My boyfriend wants to move in with me but he hates my 2 dogs. He'll walk the Rotweiler but never the poodle as he says he is too embarrassed to be seen with her. Should I kick him out? I don't want him to traumatize my poodle. What should I do?

Signed,

Dogger - London, EN

Dogger,

Get rid of the guy. I have a theory that you can tell what a man is like in bed by what kind of dog he likes. For example, if he likes terriers then chances are he's a premature ejaculator. If he likes Labs, then he's good for a make out but has follow through problems. These are facts. I've done the research. Most men with Rotweiler's are closet cases and overcompensating. The fact that he doesn't like your Poodle is a very bad sign indeed. If you can find a hetero guy with a Yorkie or a Shih Tzu or a Pomeranian then that guy is a keeper. If he's secure enough in his sexuality to be seen with a froo froo little dog like that, then there's a man who is good in the sack!

Susie

Ask Susie ... some priceless Q & A.

Larry and his ongoing breast obsession...fantastic theme.

[mouse runs across the floor]

"Uh! Tit Mouse! Tit Mouse!"

Larry David: Have you ever played telephone before? You don't even know how to play telephone, do you?

Cheryl: I *do* know how to play telephone.

Larry David: Oh, do you?

Cheryl: Yeah, but I usually play the "G" version. It's usually something like, "Susie lives down the lane."

Larry David: The kid didn't say "Susie lives down the lane," he said "I love tits!"