Jambands.ca

Its here

Esau.

Hey, can you and Paisley go Christmas shopping again this year?

(At least I think it was you and Paisley.)

Well, I think I know what your refering to, but I don't think Paisley would drink whisky with me, the only other person who wiil moved outta town...

Am I on that list?

Please tell me I'm on the list.

Actually no one from this board is on that list....

My understanding is that Glen Breton is made in the style of Scotch whisky (presumably from barley); what I want is an un-blended Canadian whisky, ideally made from rye exclusively.

(And I agree about Lagavulin: it's my favourite Scotch, although the 28-year-old cask-strength Bruichladdich I've got in the cupboard is nice, too. :o )

Aloha,

Brad

My understanding is that Glen Breton is made in the style of Scotch whisky (presumably from barley); what I want is an un-blended Canadian whisky, ideally made from rye exclusively.

Yes, that is true. It is a 'scotch-style' whisky.

From wiki:

To be called Scotch whisky, the spirit must conform to the standards of the Scotch Whisky Order of 1990 (UK), which clarified the Scotch Whisky Act of 1988, and mandates that the spirit:

- Must be distilled at a Scottish distillery from water and malted barley, to which only other whole grains may be added, have been processed at that distillery into a mash, converted to a fermentable substrate only by endogenous enzyme systems, and fermented only by the addition of yeast,

- Must be distilled to an alcoholic strength of less than 94.8% by volume so that it retains the flavour of the raw materials used in its production,

- Must be matured in Scotland in oak casks for not less than three years and a day, and

Must not contain any added substance other than water and caramel colour.

- May not be bottled at less than 40% alcohol by volume.

(And I agree about Lagavulin: it's my favourite Scotch, although the 28-year-old cask-strength Bruichladdich I've got in the cupboard is nice, too. :o )

That's an excellent bottle of scotch as well. I recently finished a bottle that a friend bought for me so that I'd be able to have a scotch while visiting him. I found, that with a little water it really opened up nicely. I normally consume my scotch neat. However, Leanne bought me a bottle of cask-strength Lagavulin for Christmas last year and I didn't really enjoy it until I added a little water. After that, it was the most glorious thing I have ever tasted.