Jambands.ca

Ween!

Velvet

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

***nice*** sig, stapes!!! once again, rollins proves his genius. that's dead on for sure.

You should hear the mp3. It's pretty funny. I guess Ween opened for Rollins band back in the 2 men and tape deck days and were severly booed. The quote is from Rollin's reprimand of his fans.

I'm glad you guys had fun. I'm sure we'll bump into each other again somewhere down the road. Although I doubt it will be as easy to pic you guys out of a crowd. [Wink]

-

Voodoo Lady

..all the fans come outta the woodwork eh?

Well besides live at Stubb's and the 96 Toronto show(country tour) I have these somewhere around here:

ween00-05-18

ween00-06-24

ween00-08-18

ween00-07-17

ween01-03-26

ween 1992.SBD

ween92.10.29

ween97-09-27

ween90-12-29

ween91-03-21

...all audio format...

email me tungstengruvsten@hotmail.com if you wanna trade...

There's also a good 2 minute diatribe by Rollins about Ween from his 92 spoken word tour, it's on the tale end of one of those discs i think...i know i have it here.

Just picked up quebec at CD Warehouse (HMV/Compact Music/somebody else didn't have it yet) and they weren't even on the floor at CD Warehouse yet.

First copy in Ottawa perhaps? Irrelevant, the cd is awesome. I'm on track eight right now, all Weenies will love it.

I think Ween is my favourite band of all time.

Okay you are all driving me fucking bonkers with this good taste. With this and the Brokedown thread how am I supposed to taste the waste. It is so good to hear people bowing at the altar. That Rollins spoken word is a must have for sure, he goes from talking about how lame everything they're 'foisting' on you these days like Edie Brickell and Rattle and Hum to a story about playing a European rockfest with a bunch of 'flouncing nellies' like the Wonderstuff and seeing all these euro barbie groupies coming out of their tent and figuring Ween must be in there- but no it's the flouncing nellies. Reminds me of Richard Manuel talking about the psychedelic bands of their time in the Last Waltz like Marshmallow Overcoat.

Oh and quebec does kick ass. The Rolling Stone review is off in my opinion. It's remarkably consistent with their ouevre. Alot of highlights including the ace of spadish opener It's Gonna Be A Long Night, the previously referenced Among His Tribe, Ohh Va La (boojeemoojeesay), Fancy Pants, Happy Colored Marbles, Transdermal Celebration, Zoloft, Chocolate Town and THE ARGUS. Okay that's almost the whole album and the rest rock. Transdermal is smart and has some great work by the rest of the band. Happy Colored and Argus betray the college boy artiness that Mickey and Dickey can't help but betray. Argus is almost a follow up to Flutes Of The Chi as it seems to contain a self-fulfilling cosmogony.

Transdermal Celebration is my current fave off the new cd.

The Rolling Stone interview is odd - while commenting that Ween isn't a comedy act it goes on to complain that there are no 'joke' songs on the cd.

I don't think Ween has any 'joke' songs, but then I think the same thing about the The Tummies. Just because something is funny doesn't mean it's not important/serious, and vice versa.

quote:

because something is funny doesn't mean it's not important/serious

very true Velvet. I was trying to explain that to a friend of mine who thought I was completely insane for traveling all the way to Rochester to see them (oooh, a whole 3 hours). He didn't get it... and unfortunately he never will. But that's another glorious thing about Ween... you don't have to worry about running into too much ignorance at one of their concerts. Everyone there knows... and we can all nod our heads in unison and smirk a devious grin.

quote:

Originally posted by c-towns:

Slammin Jack played a steller LMLYP in Canmore last weekend, the bassist is a ween fan. Make sure you ask them to play it.

peaceinjam.jamesd.

They're playing here in Ottawa at Cafe Dekcuf on Saturday (with Caveman opening), so I may just do that. What does "LMLYP" stand for? Or should I just politely yell, "Play some Weeeeeennnnnn!!!!"

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

another glorious thing about Ween... you don't have to worry about running into too much ignorance at one of their concerts.

I was really curious about what the crowd was going to be like. I have to say the fans I met were all really cool folks. The people I met were articulate, friendly and universilly had a great albiet wacky sense of humor. Even in the throughs of nicotine withdrawl missing 3 songs while standing in line to smoke ("Damn you California!") the fans were less surly than I was.

You're joking about the acronym right? Let Me Lick Your P____. That's usually the one where the girls get up and show a little boob if they're so inclined.

Just relistening to quebec again with a more critical eye for a review deadline. Jotted down some lyrics. Happy Coloured Marbles is ingenius as it evokes the Big Blue Ball and our clutch of memories as a sack of happy coloured marbles: 'Carry that velvet sack full of pretty coloured marbles and I'll ask you for them back when I'm ready and done'. Another good one is 'can you feel my soul can you smell my hole' from another track.

Hey! Hey! Hey! Everybody! Sorry to disappoint ya but nobody Likes a Bully !

quote:

Didn't love'em enough to come this weekend you Fat Bastard.

Yeah, bro' rub it in... thanx. And then add a little salt to the wound by calling me a bastard... Yeah... I did a show about this situation Stapes, it's called "Nobody Likes A Bully." Mushmouth was suppose to give me a lift but backed out at the last second.

Archived