Jambands.ca

QOTD Jan 12 2007

Cully

I was just wondering what people thought of this...

I have always had a issue with people listening to a band the same day that you were going to see that band live.

It was always a rule in my car on Phish tour that we didn't listen to phish the day of the show becaues it seemed to lessen the surprise of a bust-out. Also a great version of a song was not as good if you had already listened to it earlier that day.

Any thoughts?

I think I agree with you, Cully (though maybe not as strictly). If, however, I haven't seen or heard the band in a while, I may listen to a few of the band's CDs/shows in the days before the show(s) to re-familiarize myself with the band's music. (This is especially useful if I'm keeping a set list.)

Aloha,

Brad

Not that this has so much to do with the question; but it reminds me of driving from Cape Breton to Halifax in 92 or 93 ish to see the Hip. We had them blasting the whole way, took a bunch of LSD, got pulled over for speeding (I wasn't driving, too high) by one of those airplane patrols and missing a chance to play ice hockey with the band because my buddy forgot to call his buddy.