Jambands.ca

Ten Fired After Radio Contest Tragedy

timouse

I love the hosts names - they sound like total fucking dumbasses like their collective intelligence is in gnat proportions.

Without knowing anything about these people it unfortunately sounds like this is definitely the case. Although I find this situation pretty tragic, and totally unecessary, I don't know if i view the hosts as "criminally" negligent(speaking in moral terms rather than legal terms). Stupid and irresponsible? Yes.

Stupid and irresponsible?

is that in reference to the radio station or the listeners for not having discerning taste and common sense??

if i say 'the last person to stop hitting themselves in the face with a brick gets my shoes' and someone breaks their nose then I'M the one legally responsible?

Explain how that really makes sense. really. Use all the logic or law you want but when it comes right down to it it's pretty rare that anybody ever gets anything for nothing.

At worst, those children will learn to stop and think a bit more before blindly trying to win some stupid radio prize.

if i say 'the last person to stop hitting themselves in the face with a brick gets my shoes' and someone breaks their nose then I'M the one legally responsible?

I recommend against experimenting with that in order to find out your liability position.

You know how to reach me, though, if your experiment fails.

Edit to add:

In fairness to Beats, there is a defence in such matters, called "voluntary assumption of risk". I believe that this is what Beats is alluding to. It comes down to the facts of each situation as to whether or not the defence will work. [color:purple](I plan to plead that in Beats' Statement of Defence after his failed experiment.)

Edited by Guest
Edit to be less facetious

Did anyone else listen to the contest? I did on Monday I htink it was... they played it on a different morning show. It was quite spooky to hear them laugh and dismiss the fact that these silly little contestants could very well die... That morning show crew sounded like a bunch of macho goofs with no regard for the lives of the contestants.

At the start of the contest, one of the girl morning show members said something like, "Can't these people die from water poisoning." Then one of the guys called the crew member who was in with the contestants and asked, "hey, is there anyone dying in there? hahahahhaha... nope? Good." Another of the morning crew medical geniuses cleared up any confusion by saying something like, "Well, if it comes to the point where the person might be getting harmed by the water, they will just throw up and their problmes will be solved."

Shortly after the contest started a caller called in saying how the conestants could die from this contest. They never relayed the message to the contestants... I guess they didn't feel this was important info for them to have. They just assured the caller that they all signed a waiver so there was nothing to worry about. Hmm, that solves it!

When there was only two contestants left the station I was listening to played a clip of the girl who died being offered two timberlake tix, but the other girl would win... she thought long and hard but decided she would rather have the Wii for her kids so she kept playing. Hours later she was dead.

A lawyer called in to the station I was listening to and said the waiver would not hold up in a criminal case, only in a civil case. One figured they would get 10-15 years in prison.