Jambands.ca

RC: tragically hip tonite

phorbesie

sitting next to an OPP officer who was there with his wife didn't allow me to partake, and he caused trouble for others around me - more on that later.

I'll wait for the full story, but let me be the first to state the obivious and say that that's incredibly uncool. When they're working, cops have a job to do, and I respect that. That said, when you're off-duty at a rock and roll show, it might be time to take it easy, Farva.

Here's the setlist as phorbesie and I could remember it, though some songs might not be in the right order:

Lonely

New Orleans Is Sinking

Grace, Too

Bobcageon

Family Band

Ahead By A Century

In View

Fiddler's Green

Poets

Long Time Running

Territorial Pissposts

Hundredth Meridian*

Kids

World Container

Fully Completely

Wheat Kings

Yer Not The Ocean

Three Pistols

Blow At High Dough

e:

The Drop Off

Like A Rolling Stone

Little Bones

*w/ Do You Feel (Peter Frampton) and Walking On The Moon (The Police) teases

this was hip show number 8 or 9 for me, and i was absolutely blown away.

Constantines opened up and were right proper loud, noisy and fuckin good.

I've seen various Downie performances from many different periods of the band, but I think he's top of his game now. Stunning show.

I've totally lost count of the number of times I've seen The T. Hip. Our seats were actually on the floor, sec. C row 27 (Sorry I didn't see you BWM!). Dude behind us spewed on the floor towards the end of the show which detracted from our enjoyment, but had a good time nonetheless.

Not the best Hip show I've seen - not really diggin' the tunes from the new album. But, that said, I still think it was a really awesome concert.

Here's Friday night's setlist from the link Kanada Kev posted above:

1: The Lonely End Of The Rink

2: New Orleans Is Sinking

3: Grace, Too

4: Bobcaygeon

5: Family Band

6: Ahead By A Century

7: In View

8: Poets

9: Fiddler's Green

10: World Container

11: Springtime In Vienna

12: At The Hundredth Meridian

13: Long Time Running

14: The Kids Don't Get It

15: Fully Completely

16: Wheat Kings

17: Yer Not The Ocean

18: Three Pistols

19: Blow At High Dough

20: The Drop-Off

21: Like A Rolling Stone

22: Little Bones

Edited by Guest
added setlist

that looks like our setlist...

what an awesome show. i loved it! my first one in an arena not a bar, so my expectations were adjusted before going in but i was totally impressed.

i LOVE the new album and love the new tunes live. YER NOT....THE OCEAAAAAN!!!!!

the first half of the show was nothing crazy...songs were well played, i had a good time, but nothing stellar, though nice song choices. lame ottawa crowd as per usual, people in the front row on the floor barely even moving! damn i woulda been rocking out down there. we were high up top but had a good view (moved from our original obstructed view seats).

but anyway, when 100th meridian was played, things got kicked up to a whole new level and the show started seriously rocking. i jumped up and down and we danced our asses off for the rest of the show. in fact when we got home i danced for another 2 hours cuz i was so psyched about it!

great show. :)