Jambands.ca

Fire at Kelly's Welcome

Dr_Evil_Mouse

Kelly's in Manotick had a pretty serious fire last night, and by the looks of it (I drove up this afternoon to check it out myself), they're going to be out of commission for some time. Nobody was hurt, thankfully, and the building's still standing, but those of you who got out to the open-mic (my baby, which had been on hiatus since December and was to have finally started up again this Saturday) over the last few months will know what's going to be sorely missed for the next while. Heady vibes to Chris and everybody there who are going to be in the doldrums until it gets back up and running, whenever that may be.

Btw, volunteer firefighters rock.

Jimmy and I were totally comin out on Saturday with the Hackish drums and keys too :(

Man. I guess we'd better scope out another venue for a gig.

Jim and I tossed around the idea of streaming our practice sessions online. Any of you hackish fans, check http://www.tadhackish.com for details (and pictures of Hux, of course).

Edited by Guest

From all that I gather, Biddy's does sound like an ideal spot - thanks :) . Thanks everybody, too, for the good wishes - I'll be sure to pass those on. I'm wondering whether some sort of fundraiser show might be in order down the road. I'll have to get that idea percolating/fermenting/germinating/etc.

Found an article in today's Sun. Doesn't say too much, mind you.

A fire at a Manotick pub Tuesday night was electrical in nature, officials say.

About 60 firefighters responded to Kelly's Welcome Inn on Manotick Main St. just after 9 p.m. The fire started in the basement.

Damage is estimated at $200,000 to the building and $70,000 to the contents.

Here's what the main floor looked like yesterday (kinda hard to make out, through the window and all):

l_096a360284f9db6190f3896061e13b26.jpg