Jambands.ca

Official Grammy's Thread

bouche

Police ROCKED! I'm sitting in my Police T-Shirt watching them...AWESOME.

Beyonce is super hot.

Carrie Underwood needs climb under a rock.

Prince better perform and so should Norah Jones.

What is Warrick doing there?

Air Guitar in Hotel California was HILARIOUS!

Production was terrible! What was with the bad cues and shit? Burt Baccarach's invitation to write with Seal was uncomfortable. Probably because of the screwup with audio.

I don't normally watch the Grammy's but since we have a PVR, we can skip through the crap and laugh at the rest while enjoying the genuine good moments.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Prince bought Advertising time to thank the audience for watching him! that is really amazing! I was skipping through commercials and saw prince and went back.

"I want to personally thank the millions of fans who watched the half time show on CBS and the thousands in attendance at the super bowl who braved the rain. It was a thrilling moment for the band and I and a memory we will always cherish."

Guest Low Roller
Wow! Prince bought Advertising time to thank the audience for watching him! that is really amazing! I was skipping through commercials and saw prince and went back.

That is real class and a most impressive gesture.

I read multiple news stories that said they sucked. Are you sure you weren't watching a live DVD from 1986?

"Considering all the hype going in, there probably wasn't any way The Police's reunion at the top of the 49th Grammy Awards telecast would live up to expectations. It didn't."

- Toronto Star

"In what should be a big moment, The Police reunite with a rendition of Roxanne. Alas, Sting sucks the urgency out of the song with jazz-style vocalizing. It's a desperate man's plea to a hooker, dammit, not a Harry Connick dooby-dooby-doo feel-good melody. Outside of the Officially Designated Mosh Pit Area the crowd seems unmoved, literally, with only a few heads bobbing."

- The National Post

I read multiple news stories that said they sucked. Are you sure you weren't watching a live DVD from 1986?

"Considering all the hype going in' date=' there probably wasn't any way The Police's reunion at the top of the 49th Grammy Awards telecast would live up to expectations. It didn't."

- Toronto Star

"In what should be a big moment, The Police reunite with a rendition of Roxanne. Alas, Sting sucks the urgency out of the song with jazz-style vocalizing. It's a desperate man's plea to a hooker, dammit, not a Harry Connick dooby-dooby-doo feel-good melody. Outside of the Officially Designated Mosh Pit Area the crowd seems unmoved, literally, with only a few heads bobbing."

- The National Post

[/quote']

Those observations may be true, but Copeland's a friggin' wicked drummer.

Loved seeing the Dixie Chicks win big. Even Natalie was speechless which is quite rare. That whole incident led to a great album. And I'm not usually in synch with the Grammys. Jerry (who is 4) keeps putting on the Dixie Chicks at home, and yesterday took the CD to the car hoping to listen to it again (but I convinced him to give moe.'s new album a chance).

What was with all the "lifetime achievement" awards given to bands/people sitting in the audience? The Grateful Dead got one, with Micky and Bill representing.

Maybe I am reading this wrong but do you REALLY think they were given awards because they happened to be sitting in the audience?

"Hey, look? Wasnt that the drummer for the Grateful Dead? Lets get him up here and give them a Lifetime Acheivement award!"