NRPS and Fat Cats @ Pepper Jack's

briguy

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

out of pure kindness' date=' and why not ???[/quote']

The show ended after 3 AM.

If sharing the drums would have meant a drum tech tuning the kit in between sets, it would have taken time away from the NRPS sets.

Probably would have taken the same amount of time a drum tear down and set-up would take...

out of pure kindness' date=' and why not ???[/quote']

Maybe the NRPS drummer has an expensive (or old, or rare) kit, and doesn't trust anyone else to use it? Maybe he's let someone use it in the past, and had bad things happen to it?

Aloha,

Brad

This is almost always the reason one musician does not lend another their stuff. I never lend my high end gear. Drop it and who pays? its weird. Like Marco said as well "why should he" the drummer is on the road and its not his responsiblity to provide gear. Its a big drag, but thats the way it goes on the "bigger" gigs. In my pre jamband days my rock band opened for many big name acts where we were told "Our stuff is set up, you can not move it so set up in front of us". None were worse than when we opened for the Ramones (2 shows in 92'). Or Blue Rodeo for that matter.

There was nothing we could do.. The show must go on... And sounds like the the Fatties played the best hand they could, given the cards they were dealt.

Also sounds like everyone still had a great time.. Wish i could have been there.

I got pretty tired during the set though..

ME TOO!

Don't know if that is the reason (and I'm sure it played a role) but I didn't love the show - I may have gone in with my expectations set too high. I thought there were some great moments - pleasant surprise to hear Lonesome LA Cowboy & a really nice psychadelic jam in the first set that brought me too a nice place (it was during the song that goes "It seemed like such a good idea at the time" etc..)

Didn't mind that there wasn't a drummer for the Fatties - thought they sounded great. Really nice to hear The Station - can't remember the last time I heard that!!!

Great crowd - great vibe. Nice to see a whole bunch of familiar faces and a whole bunch of people out that I haven't seen in a while.

Paisley, thanks for making me laugh my ass off - "I'm not going to be the guy who says, "Jerry taught you well". I'm not going to be the guy who says, "Jerry taught you well". I'm not going to pour salt in my eyes, I'm not going to pour salt in my eyes.........Fuck, I poured salt in my eyes".

Thanks Briguy and KC and anyone else involved for making this happen!!

Anyone have a setlist sitting around for this show by chance?

From the New Riders forum:

PEPPER JACKS 4-20-07 HAMILTON, ONTARIO, CANADA

1st Set:

15 Days Under The Hood

Sutter's Mill

Whiskey

I Dont Know You

Whatcha Gonna Do

Last Lonely Eagle

Groupie

Henry

Any Naked Eye

Louisiana Lady

Dead Flowers

2nd Set:

Casey Jones, The Bold Engineer

Sailin'

Panama Red

Lonesome La Cowboy

Higher

Instant Armadillo Blues

Portland Women >

Diamond Joe

Nuclear Survival Message >

Garden Of Eden >

The Last Time >

Garden Of Eden

Take A Letter Maria

Encore:

Rainy Day Women # 12 & 35

Ripple

Anyone have a setlist sitting around for this show by chance?

According to

http://thenewriders.com/NRPSnet/viewtopic.php?t=228&sid=b97f08ec43b2d9533a817d2d63443418

Set I

-----

15 Days Under The Hood

Sutter's Mill

Whiskey

I Don't Know You

Whatcha Gonna Do

Last Lonely Eagle

Groupie

Henry

Any Naked Eye

Louisian Lady

Dead Flowers

Set II

------

Casey Jones , The Bold Engineer

Sailin'

Panama Red

Lonesome LA Cowboy

Higher

Instant Armadillo Blues

Portland Women >

Diamond Joe

Nuclear Survival Message >

Garden Of Eden >

The Last Time >

Garden Of Eden

Take A Letter Maria

Encore

------

Rainy Day Women # 12 & 35

Ripple

Aloha,

Brad

Thanks for all the support everyone. It wouldn’t be possible without you. It was a great night and I hope to have them back before 2038. I must admit my expectations were exceeded and I was very happy to see most of you having a good time.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Hey thanks for the offer Brodie.

For the record, after being asked several times to use his drums NRPS drummer gave in and said okay. You could tell he was still bothered about it and not too happy so Doug and I made the decision and said no. It was for the best and sorry if we disappointed anyone.

Fat Cats still rocked, as expected, and I wasn’t worried.

This show was awesome. Half the charm for me was certainly all the heady heads and the good vibes circulating the area.

It was unfortunate about the drums, but I think the fatties were the most upset. The show was on too big a roll to be affected by a missing drum kit.

NRPS really liked the crowd here as well. It was mentioned a few times after the show how much they loved the crowd and the night.